X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wrrn73 View Post

What year was it in Bristol?

Comment

Since I worked as a cartographer '65-'75 working with maps and geography is home ground for me, so I'm just thinking out of the box in a southern direction. Leave Charlotte, NC,--- Charleston, SC, about 210mi---Macon GA, 295mi ---Montgomery AL, 186mi--- Tuscaloosa AL, 103mi ---Jackson MS, 185mi --Shreveport LA. 217mi. Not sure of what facilities and attractions are in each city. I'm sure others will look and speculate on other cities/routes, and maybe it will go north. I'll through out a northern route in a day or so.

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
        The laps around Bristol were fun also.
        Best $25 I ever spent!

LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

Bristol sounds good. I was thinking about Danville, VA with VIR not far down the road. Lodging might be a problem with this, but visiting a road course has some attractions.

Comment

Jack sent me an interesting link today.........something to speculate about. He pointed out the note in the top right corner.

The Deadline to Make New Reservations Has Passed If your team still needs to book rooms please call 844-406-6850 to request rooms with one of our Customer Service Representatives. To update an existing reservation, please see the Manage Your Reservation section below. Thank You! MANAGE RESERVATION 2022 DISCOUNTED ACCOMMODATIONS NOW AVAILABLE As HOT ROD’s Official...
            Last edited by oletrux4evr; October 15, 2018, 06:55 PM.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
              jack sent me an interesting link today.........something to speculate about. He pointed out the note in the top right corner.

https://www.anthonytravel.com/hot-rod-power-tour/
              dates to be determined by region.
              Last edited by MIKEE; October 16, 2018, 05:16 PM.

Comment

That’s interesting.
                Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Sounds like more than one Power Tour. Could that be?

Comment

Once a year Somerset Kentucky does a Power Cruise where host cities start a trip to Somerset for the cruise in. It is only a 1 day run. Not sure how to make that work with PT.

It could just be some random script until the actual dates are announced.

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
                      Once a year Somerset Kentucky does a Power Cruise where host cities start a trip to Somerset for the cruise in. It is only a 1 day run. Not sure how to make that work with PT.

It could just be some random script until the actual dates are announced.
                      The Power Cruise is the 4th Saturday in September. We have done it several times.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Sound kind of like the Cruise to the Woods in Iowa.
                        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

The "dates to be determined by region" is also under the drag week dates. Those dates and locations have already been announced. I'm not getting excited by that generic phrase,....so who's the new GM of Hot Rod since Johnny Mill is out?
                          GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Originally posted by 200kss View Post
                            The "dates to be determined by region" is also under the drag week dates. Those dates and locations have already been announced. I'm not getting excited by that generic phrase,....so who's the new GM of Hot Rod since Johnny Mill is out?
                            I said, "interesting". Glad you clarified it for us.
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Dare I say it. but will never ever ever ever happen. Denver and the rocky mountains. But HR is chicken shit to do that. nuff said.

Tim
                              '71 Buick Sportwagon running project
                              '85 Ford Crown Victoria 2 dr. 2nd project
                              2015 Harley Street Glide 103ci

Comment

Are there enough cities and venues within driving distance to handle HRPT volume? Takes a lot of motels, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X