No announcement yet.

2019 Power Tour Stops / Route

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone know where we're going?.....I know it's early. but...

Comment

Originally posted by PT Sportwagon View Post
      Dare I say it. but will never ever ever ever happen. Denver and the rocky mountains. But HR is chicken shit to do that. nuff said.

Tim
      As has been said before, the unofficial word is Gm wants it in areas with lots of population to look at their cars on display. The box is Texas-Fla-NY-Minnesota/Iowa,ect.

LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

Did we ever come up for an "official" date? I have folks asking me. My guess would be Saturday, June 8th as the opening day. A past Long Hauler was asking me this weekend. Anybody got better info?
        Non-denominational car nut.
        Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
        Do you go all the way?

Comment

Originally posted by Impala_Guy View Post
          Did we ever come up for an "official" date? I have folks asking me. My guess would be Saturday, June 8th as the opening day. A past Long Hauler was asking me this weekend. Anybody got better info?
          anthonytravel has a link to sign up to win a hotel night in Concord, but.....no date(s) yet....
          Last edited by rexdogg; October 24, 2018, 01:12 PM.

Comment

We may be driving by: Wood Brothers Racing 21 Performance Drive, Stuart, VA 24171.

This is a cool place to see some of the history of stock car racing.

Comment

Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post
              • KICKOFF on Saturday, June 8: zMAX Dragway in Concord, NC
              • Sunday, June 9: Martinsville, VA (location TBA)
              • Monday, June 10: Bristol Motor Speedway in Bristol, TN*
              • Tuesday, June 11: Kentucky Speedway in Sparta, KY*
              • Wednesday, June 12: Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis, IN
              • Thursday, June 13: Allen County War Memorial Coliseum in Fort Wayne, IN*
              • FINALE on Friday, June 14: Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, OH

*= A first-time venue for the tour!

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/hot-...june-8th-14th/

Comment

It's been to Bristol before. It ended there one year
                Last edited by elcaminogirl59; October 31, 2018, 08:13 AM.
                Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
                  It's been to Bristol before. It ended there one year

Last edited by oletrux4evr; October 31, 2018, 06:11 PM.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Kentucky Speedway, Sparta KY is out in No Where land. Nada zero, zip!

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
                      We may be driving by: Wood Brothers Racing 21 Performance Drive, Stuart, VA 24171.
                      Even if not on the route, I plan on stopping by!

Originally posted by Bluestripe67 View Post
                      Kentucky Speedway, Sparta KY is out in No Where land. Nada zero, zip!
                      No kidding. And sort of a hotel desert. I had to look across the Ohio River into Indiana for that stop.
                      2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
                      1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
                      1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

Any rumors on the route direction between venues?

Comment

Haven't heard any rumors yet, but if this year is like last, we aren't far off from getting the official route. They came out with it hella early.
                          2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
                          1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
                          1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

I was going to ask the same question that a_d_a_m asked, Any news on the route yet?
                            It takes me awhile to plot it on google maps and print out maps and directions I can follow. I drive it alone. Trying to decipher the crap directions they give us is too much of a challenge for feeble old brain while driving. A turn by turn GPS route would be more my style :-)
                            Last edited by danford1; April 25, 2019, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Mid-May usually. They pre-drive the route and don't want too much time to elapse before the Tour does it.
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Saw this last night on a performance tire website just by chance Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190502_174351.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	380.4 KB
ID:	1241874 doing a HRPT special, is it real, a leak?
                                Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                                If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Working...
                                X