No announcement yet.

2019 Power Tour Stops / Route

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last time the PT was near Sandusky the mosquitos were big enough to pick you up and carry you off
    Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
    Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

From Fort Wayne to Norwalk is 2 hours 42 minutes (147 miles)
      From Ft Wayne to Auburn to Norwalk adds 22 miles to this.
      Hoping that some of you might want to visit me at the ACD Museum on the way to Norwalk on Friday morning.
      The NATM (National Auto and Truck) Museum is next door, And I have spoken to the people at the "Early Ford V-8"
      Museum (also in Auburn, right off of the highway) and they are hoping that some of you might stop by
      See my build at: www.1932auburnsedan.com

Comment

Originally posted by V12guy View Post
        Hoping that some of you might want to visit me at the ACD Museum on the way to Norwalk on Friday morning.
        The NATM (National Auto and Truck) Museum is next door, And I have spoken to the people at the "Early Ford V-8"
        Museum (also in Auburn, right off of the highway) and they are hoping that some of you might stop by
        I will post this on Power Tour Facebook page too - thanks for the heads up !
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Donna and I visited the ACD museum a couple years ago on our way home from PT. Definitely worth a stop.
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Probably going to be a 'Cars and Coffee' type of event Friday morning in Auburn. We will have a few cars outside in the Plaza (a WONDERFUL parking area) if you don't have the time to visit the collection inside, stop by and take a few pics!

http://www.automobilemuseum.org/

Last edited by V12guy; May 6, 2019, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Also there is
              Automobile Museum in Auburn Indiana. Home of Futurliner #10, and more than 150 classic cars and trucks. A great venue for your event, wedding, or reception.

and
              The Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum is a one-of-a-kind car museum dedicated to preserving 1932-1953 Ford history. Come visit us in Auburn, Indiana.

Comment

A couple of us stopped there in 2015. It is a very cool place with several museums. I plan on stopping on Friday morning, keep us posted on the Cars & Coffee.

Old gas station down the road a little bit also.

Comment

Thanks for the posts/interest.
                  if there are enough people interested, we might add a tour of the shop where we repair the cars. we are going to have a booth at the Ft Wayne Thursday stop with/for more info,
                  tell your friends!

Comment

Thanks for the posts/interest.
                    if there are enough people interested, we might add a tour of the shop where we repair the cars. we are going to have a booth at the Ft Wayne Thursday stop with/for more info,
                    tell your friends!
                    The only problem I see is that the museums open at 9 am. Would it be possible to open at least 1 place at 8am? Possibly the shop tour? The venue from the night before is less than 30 minutes away. There are many long haulers that leave the hotel between 7-730 am?

Do you have any information on the Hoosier Air Museum? It would be great if they would open at 8am, then on to the ACD museum.

http://www.hoosierairmuseum.org/

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                      Saw this last night on a performance tire website just by chance Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190502_174351.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	380.4 KB
ID:	1241874 doing a HRPT special, is it real, a leak?
                      That map just shows freeways. A lot of our route will be on two lane roads. The BIG question is Which two lane roads?
                      The directions they give us Suck. It is almost impossible to read that small paper, decipher them and drive at the same time.
                      I would like to know the roads being traveled so I can input them into a GPS (somehow)...

Comment

Originally posted by danford1 View Post

That map just shows freeways. A lot of our route will be on two lane roads. The BIG question is Which two lane roads?
                        The directions they give us Suck. It is almost impossible to read that small paper, decipher them and drive at the same time.
                        I would like to know the roads being traveled so I can input them into a GPS (somehow)...
                        They came out with large print directions last year. I used to do it for everyone on the board but Hot Rod stole my idea. LOL
                        I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by danford1 View Post

Download this program and start working with it. It takes awhile to figure out but it works great.

Download BaseCamp™ software to plan your outdoor activities, organize your data and share your adventurers with others. 
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Thanks. I played with basecamp before but it is for Garmin. I have a Tom Tom...
                            Somewhere I remember seeing map links for other routes that I could open with my iPhone and use it for turn by turn directions.
                            The route isn't released yet though...

Comment

I "think" that they (ACD and NATM) have discussed this, I will check with them tomorrow and report back.
                              I don't know anyone personally at the warbirds museum (although it is a great place to visit)

Comment

HRM staffer Jacob Davis (@jacobrossdavis for you Instagram types) just posted a picture from the road. He’s pre-running the route as we speak. When I asked if that meant we were close on an official announcement, he said “I would imagine so ;-)”
                                2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
                                1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
                                1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

Working...
                                X