He also said it would be maybe 'the twistiest Power Tour yet'... :D
      2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
      1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
      1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
        He also said it would be maybe 'the twistiest Power Tour yet'... :D
        Well that can be a two-edge sword!
        In past years the best roads were clusters because some folks consider speed limits as something more substantial than a mere suggestion while others were not confident in the handling of their classics. But the most distressing part is NO ONE will pass which ultimately leads to 100s of cars going under the speed limit and missing out on all the adrenaline opportunities.

Might have to adopt a Lars program on a few days - on the road by 6:00am.

Comment

Didn't even think of it that way.
          In 2014, we skipped a large part of the official Ohio route simply due to traffic...may have to get speedy this year, too. :D

2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
          1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
          1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

The view I saw That was posted by jacobrossxxxx on Instagram was at an overlook above Roanoke Va on the Blue Ridge Parkway . The speed limit is 45 mph but a beautiful drive.

Comment

I never follow the route. I usually go to the room first and then to the venue.

Comment

We'll be within 100 miles of our house on the first three days, so route is not a huge concern!
                Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

A NEWBY HERE ALTHOUGH IM A 73 Year old DAV. Thinking of driving my 32 Roadster on the HRPT this year. As an old fart it’s likely I’ll skip the venues after the days drive. Question what time do the caravans from city to city leave each day
                  THX. TOPGON
                  BILL

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	1242760

Comment

There is no caravan...........cars hit the road at their discretion and following the route is not required. The resulting organized mayhem is groups of cars at various intervals throughout most of the day. More than likely you'll hook up with others staying at your hotel and form your own group and determine your own schedule.
                    Having said that, in the past they had a driver's meeting each morning, then participants formed a caravan. Even then, staying with the main group was not required. The past year or two the driver's meeting has only been held on Day 1.
                    Those that do the Long Haul receive a gift at the end of the tour. They will issue 'credentials' to you at the beginning. In order to receive the Long Hauler award and gift, you must have time stamped your credentials at every venue throughout the week. Check-in at each venue is usually required to be completed prior to 6 PM.
                    I'm 72, and you'll find quite a few old folks in the group. You'll fit right in and have one of the best times of your life. Welcome aboard!
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                      Might have to adopt a Lars program on a few days - on the road by 6:00am.
                      The latest I think I left last year was 7:15. I ran hard, but stopped to see things along the way. Had 1 couple come to me in Darlington to complement how my cars sounded as I passed him, all 5 times in the same day.....

Comment

• I think we are gonna do the opposite and leave a little later each day. We will be behind the big traffic jambs and can take our time, as long at we are at the venue by 6:00 each day. When we have left early seems like we get to venue early but we were also driving in with everyone else. Don't really care to much about the venue as long as we get our cards punched. We know a few that did this everyday last year and they were usually at the hotel still by 6 everyday.
                        Donna
                        Williamston, MI
                        Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

• I thinking just just stopping and checking stuff out this time around I not going to be in no hurry for shit. I'm on Vacation this time. i'm tired of all the traffic jambs and what not. I might just make up some new routes along the way and see what else is around the area and cross over the route every once in a while and stop and watch the Parade go by. I did that last year for the last two stops and it was funny the time we saved not sitting in a line of traffic and still made it to the Venue early. But we will See how it goes.

Comment

• My co-pilot is not going this year. Unless I change my plans, I am going to take my time, enjoy the ride, may not go to the venues and leave the morning after Sparta for Bowling Green and the Hot Rod Reunion. Its been several years since I have been there.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

• Any word on the route yet? I'm curious which roads they decide to take :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Topgon View Post
                                Thinking of driving my 32 Roadster on the HRPT this year.
                                Welcome to the forum Bill .. gorgeous roadster !

Comment

Working...
                                X