2019 Power Tour Stops / Route

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
    Any thoughts on alternate routes on Day 3 - Bristol to Sparta?
    Not looking forward to ~130 miles of Interstate
    What about 23 to 15 to 11 to 9000 to 60 to 127?

Any locals with comments on options?
    I was looking at the 15 all the way up on day 3 as well. But i will just try to keep in touch with you and Lars and maybe try to keep up with the Fast Ford group if i'm allowed too.

See you all soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by novadriver View Post

I was looking at the 15 all the way up on day 3 as well. But i will just try to keep in touch with you and Lars and maybe try to keep up with the Fast Ford group if i'm allowed too.

See you all soon.
      I loaded the route as far as Corbin, then over to Somerset and beyond. So if I can't keep up you can run with me, which is pretty likely.........LOL!
      Last edited by oletrux4evr; May 23, 2019, 01:15 PM.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Originally posted by V12guy View Post

The ACD Museum will be open for visitors at 7:30 am Friday!
        I called the ACD and the museum next door and neither had heard of their respective museums opening early. I was told by the woman I spoke with at the ACD museum that I should call back closer the date we'll be there.

Comment

• Possible late dinner stop on the way to Hillsville on Sunday evening: http://mabrymillrestaurant.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
            Possible late dinner stop on the way to Hillsville on Sunday evening: http://mabrymillrestaurant.com/
            We have eaten breakfast there several times. I didn't think about them serving supper. Great place to eat. Ol' Phil likes southern cookin'.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

• Phil likes any cookin'.
              Hence my shape.
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
                Possible late dinner stop on the way to Hillsville on Sunday evening: http://mabrymillrestaurant.com/
                Hey Lars, I was looking they close at 6 on Sundays. But this place looks really neat and you should call and tell them you might be able to have a group come by for Dinner maybe they would keep the doors open for us a little while if we got enough people involved.

I would be all in.

Comment

• It's only an hour from Martinsville......if we can clear the venue by 4 we'll be okay.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• It's actually a little closer than that. We're about 60 miles from Martinsville, and Maby Mill is about 25 miles from us (closer to Martinsville)
                    Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                    Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

• Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
                      It's actually a little closer than that. We're about 60 miles from Martinsville, and Maby Mill is about 25 miles from us (closer to Martinsville)
                      Well that's good news. I used the MapQuest estimate. I like yours much better!
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• at least it's not a fur piece
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

• OK There we have it. Get out of of the Speedway by 4 dinner around 5 then hang out at Vic and Terri's till whenever. Sunday plans are done... Then be at Bristol by 1:10 to get in the track for laps on Monday. then after all this i'm on vacation I think.... See you all soon

Comment

• I noticed that we have to follow the pace car at Bristol. Any guess on what speed we will be able to run.
                            PT 2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2014-2015
                            1970 EL CAMINO

Comment

• Originally posted by BLUE STREAK View Post
                              I noticed that we have to follow the pace car at Bristol. Any guess on what speed we will be able to run.
                              Ken if you get a good nights sleep I am confident that you can pedal fast enough to keep up with the pace car

Last time - it wasn't all that fast so what happened was people would lag back so they had more room to run before getting to the row in front of them

Comment

• Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                                at least it's not a fur piece
                                No, but it is over yonder!
                                Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                                Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Working...
                                X