Keeping score............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping score............

Our car-crazy eight year old grandsons 3d grade soccer team had it's first game this afternoon. After the first two were both rained out. And they were on a mission. He proudly told us after the game that they had won 11-2. But I wasn't about to tell him why that was funny. What a waste of time for them to tell the kids that they can't keep score.
    ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

I guess if they don't want them to keep score they shouldn't teach them to count?
    Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Everybody wins if you don't keep score. The new 'sports'.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

The world needs Losers too .. otherwise, how would you know who the Winners are ?!?

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
          Everybody wins if you don't keep score. The new 'sports'.
          Participants trophy and ice cream for everyone!
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I've got 9 yr. old boy so I can totally relate, the stories get pretty wild!
            HRPT 12 Miami and Stillwater, OK, 13 Arlington to Memphis, 14/15 Vetoed by Wife, 16 Long Haul, 17/18/19 motor fiasco

Comment

If there's no reward for winning, there's no incentive for hard work.....kind of the same idea as why follow the rules of there are no consequences?
              Last edited by silver_bullet; August 27, 2018, 10:28 AM.
              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                If there's no reward for winning, there's no incentive for hard work.....kind of the same idea as why follow the rules of there are no consequences?
                I couldn;t have said that better myself!!
                Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
                Gregg and Deb Miller
                Verona, Wi.

Comment

I have thought about this for a while.....this country has gone from the greatest generation to participation trophies... our armed forces don't just show up.. remember that with veterans day coming up.... that's what we should be teaching our kids...
                  strive to succeed, always improve, and fight for those who can't. Be more like that greatest generation....
                  Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Working...
                  X