Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
    I glanced briefly at it and I think I saw Andy's Mz. Edna's picture
    Looks like it, and if my bifocals are right looks like Wayne's wagon on the next page but as been noted the pictures are very small.
    Last edited by corvettedad; September 18, 2018, 03:19 PM.
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

not for nothing but I think hot rod has the worst marketing dept in the world. they must wear blinders. I know that the times that my wagon was in the pictures I bought several copies so lets see add a few pages or maybe show more everyday peoples car then another $200,000 pro build. seems like you could sell tens of thousands of more copies with a lot more pics

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
        To be honest I was disappointed in the Power Tour coverage in Hot Rod Magazine. There was a lot more to the whole event than what was sparsely reported in HRM. The pictures were so small that they were difficult to see and the commentary was almost amateurish. I am glad I went to this year's Power Tour and I am planning to go again, but Hot Rod's reporting is not at all responsible for that decision.

1. HRPT is way too big for any one magazine story to cover it to everyone's satisfaction. Event coverage is akin to drinking from the proverbial fire hose . . . .

2. The huge shifts of ad revenue to digital and direct mail have adversely affected the column inches of editorial space available for most traditional print magazines.

3. The majority of the HRPT photos and coverage are and will continue to be through on-line products, with the print version as more of a permanent "record" backstop.

4. Print space limits (and person-hours limits on compiling and editing) mean that reporting has to try to give the "big picture" as well as highlighting a selection of bitchin anomalies that the editors think will be of wide reader interest. That means that a whole lot of stuff in the middle of the "bell curve" gets cut.

5. Everybody loves getting ink in the book, but HRPT is way too big for more than a small fraction to get some.

6. Others have tried to make a go of the "society pages" style of automotive event reporting (see e.g. Goodguyys magazine), but for the most part, production costs are not supported by extra one-time sales.

7. If one's stuff isn't making print, maybe one needs to: (a) get out more, (b) build wilder and better stuff, and/or (c) relax and enjoy what you've got.

8. Having your stuff in a print mag only means that you generally get a few side glances of your machine from folks you'll never meet -- most of whom are sitting on their poopers . . . not really as glamorous as most imagine. Unless your stuff is just off-the-chain, it takes literally years of exposure to make much of an impression.
        Last edited by Gateclyve Photographic; September 19, 2018, 11:57 AM.

Comment

While I agree with most of what you said, our truck made the mag, and they didn't even bother to find out any details. The pic was labelled as belonging to someone else! That's pretty sloppy in my opinion. They just took pics and worried about details later.
          Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
          Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

In the first gallery you posted my car is the green four door Studebaker is #177. It is nice to see your own car in places like this. I guess that is a little too much pride, but it is still nice.
            Last edited by JRoberts; November 14, 2018, 06:47 PM.

Comment

... I guess that is a little too much pride, but it is still nice.
              No such thing as too much pride in your pride and joy ride!

Comment

To be honest I was disappointed in the Power Tour coverage in Hot Rod Magazine. There was a lot more to the whole event than what was sparsely reported in HRM. The pictures were so small that they were difficult to see and the commentary was almost amateurish. I am glad I went to this year's Power Tour and I am planning to go again, but Hot Rod's reporting is not at all responsible for that decision.
                I've been both a spectator and a participant and the HRM coverage is always disappointing.
                You would think an event that they started would warrant a whole damn issue of coverage but nope, never enough.

Comment

Working...
                X