Trans am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans am

Thought the "Discovery Channel" producers did a good job of making the show about cars and not about employee antics. My buddies had NO input on the content of the show, nor did they see anything except the "trailers" until last night. If it gets good viewership they will probably renew the show for another season, which is good because some of the show was filmed in Sopchoppy (one of the last episodes I think) and the crew wants to come back. Probably because I volunteered to bartend for them after filming, at the HandleBar. (in the back of the shop)

Congrats to the TAW & TAD employees who have been busting their butts for years making these cars, promoting these cars, hauling these cars, setting up at shows, etc. Everyone of them is a multi-tasker and works their for the passion of building fast cars, because it sure ISN'T for the money they make !

Not a big screen star DTB
    DTB - RETIRED

I watched and enjoyed it thoroughly....
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Was that last night ?

Comment

what was the name of the show ?
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
          what was the name of the show ?
          "Trans Am" .. ha, ha, ha.

Comment

Sorry, thought everyone knew about it. Six, one hour episodes that started last night. They are scheduled for Tues. at 10:00 p.m. New shows usually don't get primetime. Some of our car club folks drove the cars in the video clip with the Torino, 442, 67 Chevelle, etc. So our folks here in the greater Tallahassee area were all glued to the TV last night.

Not sure how fast they build the cars but all the Bandit cars are sold out and I believe all the Super Duty cars are sold out, so it appears that they are just building customer cars. Good for them considering that is at least 100 cars. Say what you will about the new T/A's being Camaros, but I would say these guys are tasting success with a business most people thought there was no market for.

I have driven a few of them and ridden in a few of them, along with being at the World of Wheels working the crowd during the American Choppers episode, and the DTB take is, THEY ARE FUN ! So congrats to the hard workin folks that work there, you are putting smiles on peoples faces ! (and a monkey too, geez !)

Just an observer DTB
            DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Man, I missed it. I'll have to set my DVR.
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I just watched the show on Discovery On Demand.

Comment

People have been doing that since the 2010 Camaro came out.

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                    Man, I missed it. I'll have to set my DVR.
                    OK, so we are well beyond the end of September and yet NO report on track day!

What's up wth that?

Comment

I watched the first show last night. Looked good. will be looking for more to watch.

Comment

I will try to watch it tomorrow night....while I like the idea, I still prefer the ones that mimic the 70 1/2 TransAm...the ones Lingenfelter Performance built....
                        Last edited by silver_bullet; October 15, 2018, 10:25 AM.
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Can't find it online....anyone have a link?
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

We have members gassing up their generators to watch episode three tonight on Discovery. Tonight they start the Vista Cruiser wagon build. It is a great car, so I can't wait to see it on the big screen. We have electric power and cable TV back on now, so it's popcorn time tonight at Earle's Chevy World and Daycare Center. 10:00 pm, be there or be square !

Supporting a local small business DTB
                            DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                              Can't find it online....anyone have a link?
                              It might be on Motor Trend on Demand.

Comment

Working...
                              X