Anybody hear from Dave the Bartender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody hear from Dave the Bartender?

He was dangerously close to where the hurricane came ashore.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
    He was dangerously close to where the hurricane came ashore.
    From another thread

Here is a quote from Dave:

"We did okay. Only canopies, limbs, and shed tin. Jenny has already taken some of the plywood off the windows. I hope to get home by Friday from the Emergency Command Center here in Tallahassee. Thanks so much we were lucky, all is well"

"Thanks to all for the prayers and well wishes, it made a difference!"

I suspect Dave will be back on line as soon as he gets some extra time.

Comment

Thanks Allen. I talked to him via email this morning.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
        Thanks Allen. I talked to him via email this morning.
        Good to hear
        God's got our backs
        R n T 88MCSS LS2 6Spd (2013)
        Long Hauler 2011,12,14,15,16,17,18, 21, 22
        Real SH 2019

Comment

We are okay here in Sopchoppy. Just got power back yesterday. Many areas look like a war zone, but thankfully we escaped any serious damage. Looks like the cars and truck weren't damaged either, although the canopies didn't survive. Thanks for thinkin about us Forum Freaks Family.

A little perspective: At work in Tallahassee (Public Works) we had 47,600 requests/call ins/electronic communications. 562 road closures, and as close as I can tell over 700 trees down. We lost 90% of our electric system and traffic lights. With Mutual Aid from our neighbors we will be able to restore power and have all roads open by today. Although debris clean up will take several weeks. Additionally, many of them and some of our folks will be heading west to help other communities that were hit even harder than us. Cheers to all those Public Works and Electric Linemen who have been working 12 and 16 hours a day to try to restore some normalcy back into our lives.

A little frazzled DTB
          DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Glad to hear you’re OK Dave and that the cleanup is underway.
            Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Good news !
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

It's been 6 days and we are just about back to normal operations here in the Capital City. This week we will send Tallahassee workers over to Mexico Beach and Panama City to help with clean up and restoration of Power there. We have had help from crews all over the eastern United States, and now many are heading west to help other cities. So out on the road, if you see a line of work trucks high tailing toward Florida, please give them all a thumbs up as you roll by, because here in the panhandle we can't thank them near enough.

Grateful DTB
                DTB - RETIRED

Comment

I’m guessing one of my favorite places in the Florida panhandle, St Joesph state park did not fair well.
                  I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

That area was hit hard. The Cape San Blas peninsula was cut into to three sections by water that washed out bridges and canals. (so I am told) Better plan your next trip to the west. I don't think a lot of areas will be rebuilt for quite some time. It is just too expensive these days, combined with the modern codes, many properties will probably just remain vacant.

I will miss some of the great Tiki Bars in the 120 mile stretch between St. Marks and Panama DTB
                    DTB - RETIRED

Comment

I'm just west enough for it to be a nonevent, thankfully.
                      LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

Working...
                      X