No announcement yet.

2019 Venues!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well we're booked!! It's nice not having to worry about work schedules but now I've got to remember where I buired the jars in the yard.
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Congratulations to all who will be retiring soon; you have achieved what the rest of us are shooting for.
      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
        Well, it will probably be a two day trip home from the last stop, but only 3 hours to the Zmax. A fair trade off.
        I would gladly take that. It has to start or end in Newton or KC for us to get a deal like that. Next year will be a couple of days each way for us.
        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
          We can all caravan together this year since Donna will be living in Ohio then.
          Very cool! Meet in Mentor? :D

2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
          1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
          1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

Hotels are booked and plans are under way. My son is busy getting his 2000 TA ready to go.
            Cleve
            Cape May, NJ
            2006LH 2007LH 2012LH
            There's no such thing as "Too much Power", only too little traction.

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
              Well we're booked!! It's nice not having to worry about work schedules but now I've got to remember where I buired the jars in the yard.
              Don't forget to post their locations... a detailed map would be sufficient
              1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
              1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
              1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                We've been to Bristol but not Martinsville (to my memory)
                technically we were at the dragstrip across the parking lot from the speedway, 1st time @ the speedway.

LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

In Martinsville, I'd have to imagine we're going to be at the speedway. There's nothing else big enough around there to hold all of us.
                  I R Bob
                  You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                  2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by george1861 View Post
                    technically we were at the dragstrip across the parking lot from the speedway, 1st time @ the speedway.
                    Perhaps BUT I paid $25 to do laps at the Speedway so to me we were there

Comment

I'm booked.

We decided not to long haul for 2019. The traffic in and around Charlotte/Concord is a disaster even on a good day, and we've been there so many times in the last year that it just ends up being extra mileage and $100ish for a hotel. So, pass. We will intercept the group in Martinsville and do the rest of the Tour from there.

We also decided that we'll probably skip a few of the venues and just enjoy the convoy, maybe go golfing. Sort of a rogue HRPT, but it'll be a lot more relaxed than hauling ass to check in.

Comment

Originally posted by nickleone View Post
                        Looks like 4000+ miles for me from Denver. And 10 or 11 days on the road. I guess I better get the engine and rear in the 62 Rambler. Plan B is a 1990 Mustang.

Nick
                        Nick, we will be heading out from Denver too. I usually VIP but won't make the BBQ dinner/celebration on Friday eve. If you want my meal tix just holler. I'll look for that Rambler. Hotels booked. The hotels closest to the venues are filling up and selling out fast. John Over 2010 GT500 blue
                        Last edited by Jover4x4; October 30, 2018, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
                          I'm booked.

We decided not to long haul for 2019. The traffic in and around Charlotte/Concord is a disaster even on a good day, and we've been there so many times in the last year that it just ends up being extra mileage and $100ish for a hotel. So, pass. We will intercept the group in Martinsville and do the rest of the Tour from there.

We also decided that we'll probably skip a few of the venues and just enjoy the convoy, maybe go golfing. Sort of a rogue HRPT, but it'll be a lot more relaxed than hauling ass to check in.
                          We found last year that if we didn't leave the hotel until 9-9:30, we missed a lot of the traffic but still made it to the venues at the same time as if we left earlier. It makes for a much more relaxing start of the day.
                          I R Bob
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                            We found last year that if we didn't leave the hotel until 9-9:30, we missed a lot of the traffic but still made it to the venues at the same time as if we left earlier. It makes for a much more relaxing start of the day.
                            I wasn't even thinking about HRPT traffic. We didn't get stuck in much of that, to be quite honest.
                            I'm just talking about the perpetual construction along I-77 and the tendency of the Statesville-Mooresville-Charlotte area to be...well...frustrating. :D

Comment

Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
                              I wasn't even thinking about HRPT traffic. We didn't get stuck in much of that, to be quite honest.
                              I'm just talking about the perpetual construction along I-77 and the tendency of the Statesville-Mooresville-Charlotte area to be...well...frustrating. :D
                              Luckily, Lars is from there so he gave us some workarounds so we could avoid some of the traffic.
                              I R Bob

Comment

Noticed a difference between the Ky Speedway & the Ky Motor Speedway......
                                LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

Working...
                                X