Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Dave
    replied
    Fred I got it and your on the list, but I'm not Chris. Looking forward to catching up with you on PT.

Leave a comment:

• FREDMAXX
    replied
    Done. In your email. Thanks for handling this Chris.

Leave a comment:

• smalblock
    replied
    Originally posted by PLRXPLRX View Post

I could not find a decent hotel there. I know I joined this one late so I'm driving forward and staying near Bristol. It's about 170 miles, the next day is a big haul and I got lucky to find one.
    I am going to wait until the route is announced to make a reservation. The area between Martinsville and Bristol will be a scenic drive. We have stayed in Mt. Airy, NC last Summer and may stay there again. There are several nice towns near the Blue Ridge Parkway to consider.

Leave a comment:

• PLRXPLRX
    replied
    Originally posted by smalblock View Post
    My co-pilot did not approve of the Econolodge in Martinsville. We are looking for another place to stay.
    I could not find a decent hotel there. I know I joined this one late so I'm driving forward and staying near Bristol. It's about 170 miles, the next day is a big haul and I got lucky to find one.

Leave a comment:

• smalblock
    replied
    My co-pilot did not approve of the Econolodge in Martinsville. We are looking for another place to stay.

Leave a comment:

• moparjim71
    replied
    Originally posted by F100 View Post
    Fogive me, what’s the purpose, to facilitate get togethers? Anything else needed for the list (phone numbers?)
    Yes, to know who to look for at each hotel and for get togethers. There is a phone list too.

Leave a comment:

• a_d_a_m
    replied
    Agree with Redline04.
    After Atlanta Motor Speedway, dad and I went about 40-50 miles east to save some driving on the leg to SC. Didn't think we'd see any HRPT cars, but it ended up being one of the more lively parking lots!

Leave a comment:

• Redline04
    replied
    Originally posted by fine59 View Post
    Think it's to late to book rooms near the venues?.... I'm asking for a friend
    Not too late to book rooms, but you'll have to search some distance out from the days venue. Best option is to book someplace towards the next days venue, probably 25-30 miles out and then intersect the driving route from there. Look into B&B/Airbnb options and search potential cities for smaller mom & pop motels. Less likely those are filled.
    Even at 20-30 miles away from the venue, you'll still likely be around quite a few other HRPT folks. Esp. from the Martinsville and Kentucky speedway venues.

Leave a comment:

• fine59
    replied
    Think it's to late to book rooms near the venues?.... I'm asking for a friend

Leave a comment:

• F100
    replied
    Fogive me, what’s the purpose, to facilitate get togethers? Anything else needed for the list (phone numbers?)

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Updated Redline04

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
    And my email. Probably twice. I never have figured out the message system since they changed it.
    Got your info (just once). Let me know if anything changes.

Leave a comment:

• 67 Malibu
    replied
    And my email. Probably twice. I never have figured out the message system since they changed it.

Leave a comment:

• 67 Malibu
    replied
    Sent you our list Chris.

Leave a comment:

• smalblock
    replied
    Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post

I did. Not sure how I missed you on the lists above. Thanks for checking.
    No problem. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X