My 2018 HRPT pics (probably huge)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2018 HRPT pics (probably huge)

Realize I never posted anything other than in 88MC's thread. Here are some more pictures...a lot of them are from just stumbling around hotel parking lots. Not the greatest pics but maybe I got your car?

Traffic jam getting into BG...

I ran with these cars between Chat and Birmingham...VERY fun group to run with:

Stopped to see Davey Allison's grave...

Ended up rescuing two kitties just before a storm rolled in:

And yes, they got adopted a few weeks later!

Was "asked to leave" Talladega after attempting to drive in the tunnel and get on the track. There were no employees nor workers around....at least not until I got my car to the entrance to the tunnel! Pretty sure I got a "bless your heart" from the security guard when we got caught...

You wouldn't know it, but Texarkana was depicted in Smokey And The Bandit as this street here in Jonesboro, GA. That brick building on the left is the Coors distributor (obviously been re-faced)

Jonesboro is also where Skynyrd posed for this picture, which I poorly attempted recreating:

Also stopped by the original (from the first few Dukes episodes) Boar's Nest outside of Atlanta...it's now a church.

4-speed, mmmmmmmmm...

That truck next to me is all Marauder underneath:

Some very cool folks:

I donated one of my extra BUFORD T license plates to this place in Hartsville, SC...best patty melt I've ever had at J Michael's.

They made it with pimiento cheese......and they have Clamato at the ready for mixin' with beer. Best HRPT meal all week.

No idea what this guy was doing in traffic.

Skipped Petty's Garage and went somewhere a bit less packed:

This part sucked:

And finally heading home:

Typical 77:

Finally had to wrench 60 miles from home:
    2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
    1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
    1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Cool pics. Thanks Adam. That spot on 77 where it was all backed up is where we got off and went backroads over the mountain instead of through the tunnel. That was a good drive.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Great pictures.Quite a variety.You got my car, the green four door Studebaker in front of the yellow Corvette.I don't know the location, but it is the picture before the cemetery photo. Thanks for posting it.

Comment

Thanks for posting Adam. I hardly took any pictures last year.
        I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

Good pics Adam - thanks.
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
            Great pictures.Quite a variety.You got my car, the green four door Studebaker in front of the yellow Corvette.I don't know the location, but it is the picture before the cemetery photo.
            That was Birmingham, probably the hottest day as far as I could tell. Or maybe it was all those beers the night before making it seem hot.

2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
            1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
            1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

Working...
            X