2019 Tour Vehicle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
    We bought a nice used rooftop luggage carrier to mount in the bed of the '70 El Camino, should I ever get the LS transplant done. Then "life" got in the way. Always hoping to have it done for the next years PT.
    That is an interesting idea...

Comment

Soooo, you guys are too "upscale". The year the wagon was in paint jail and we had to take the POS truck. I emptied the pool (deck) box and used my motorcycle tie downs to hold it in the back of the truck.

Comment

My hillbilly tonneau cover lasted 10 years before the plywood started to delaminate.

Phil / Omaha

Comment

Adam - send me your e-mail and I will try to send you some pics that are too big to post here - but here's one.

Phil / Omaha

Comment

2019 will be my son and I's 3rd long haul in his 71 C10 (no A/C), it's getting a few changes under the hood this year. Click image for larger version

Name:	2018 HRPT .jpg
Views:	43
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	1221939Click image for larger version

Name:	Turbo intstall 02.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	666.8 KB
ID:	1221940

Comment

We are not entirely sure we are going this year. That being said, we have hotel reservations and we are declaring this as plan A:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8080.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	1221953

Just need to install the LS 5.3, 460le, make the interior livable, lower it 5-6 inches, new tires, install AC and rebuild the front end. Time to get to work!
              Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
              74 Nova Project
              66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
              79 Chevy Truck Project
              1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                Adam - send me your e-mail and I will try to send you some pics that are too big to post here - but here's one.
                PM incoming...
                I need to just bite the bullet and buy a welder already (and learn to weld). There was a guy who had a bitchin' LOCKING setup on his C10 the first two nights at BGKY this year...he was parked nearest the beer drinking section of the parking lot if you remember his car. If I could copy what I remember of his setup we'd have a winner on our hands.

Oh, and I have to find a heater core rebuilder locally...C10 just sprung a pretty decent sized leak

2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
                1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
                1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

I will not be back at work until MOnday to send you pics -- my setup cost about $50-$60
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

We drove the 57 Dodge pickup on two long hauls with zero issues too. We have a Truxedo cover on the bed but it’s not secure.
                    Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Plan B. Working on Plan A with a buddy - about 50 years older than this.

This year was my first tour. Learned the importance of A/C and a good cooling system - especially at Chattanooga.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Red_Kitty; November 22, 2018, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Grizzly Adams is my hero.

Comment

Been helping my neighbour build one like that for next year's tour. Was originally planned for this year, but ran out of time.

Trailblazer SS engine / trans swap into an '87 C10. Heavy parts are in, wiring and plumbing to do.
                          Last edited by Red_Kitty; November 23, 2018, 07:21 AM.

Comment

if things go well and i feel comfortable with it. hopefully the 64 star chief gets to go play this year.

Comment

Planning on running this if I can get it in shape...

Robert

Comment

Getting closer, radiator is in! Steering is next, then Paint...Click image for larger version

Name:	75F090C9-5AFD-4BB2-87B1-E3F8F86C05A1.jpeg
Views:	85
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	1224613

Comment

Working...
                                X