2019 Tour Vehicle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
    Oh this is just getting too cushy boB...........
    Tell me about it Ed. That's why Donna wants to finish the Model A so we can do the cruise with a buggy sprung car with no heat, AC or radio!
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

My el camino had a/c added on at the cost of a butchered dash and glove box. Put in a better dash got my glove box back. All that was left of the air was the blower fans that I was going to put back in. Maybe vintage air someday.

Comment

That's true hotrodding. I myself don't care if I have AC or not but I would prefer not same with the radio I think I have had the same CD in it sense it was built. I don't think I even know how the radio part works.
        Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

I need a bigger radio. When I built Earl I put in an aftermarket radio/cd player, but no amp to drive the speakers. Can't hear it due to the exhaust. That's a sweeter sound anyway.......
          boB, I'm, looking forward to that day!
          Last edited by oletrux4evr; December 25, 2018, 08:09 PM.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

No carpet or headliner and no seals in the doors or windows, so you can't hear the radio anyway.

Comment

Picked up a plan B over the weekend. 1990 Firebird, 3.1, AT, T-tops, 90k miles, one owner. Needs an alternator and a good cleaning for starters (been sitting since 2012).

Click image for larger version  Name:	file.png Views:	1 Size:	428.3 KB ID:	1225666
              Last edited by 74NovaMan; December 26, 2018, 02:04 PM.
              Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
              74 Nova Project
              66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
              79 Chevy Truck Project
              1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

No carpet or headliner and no seals in the doors or windows, so you can't hear the radio anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by pintoboy77 View Post
                  That's true hotrodding. I myself don't care if I have AC or not but I would prefer not same with the radio I think I have had the same CD in it sense it was built. I don't think I even know how the radio part works.
                  I’m with you on old school,no ac,cruise,tilt or power steering. Wife coming next year so probably get the business for no AC but it will stay old school!

Comment

Well, dad has pushed enough over the past two weeks about road testing the '62, so this is gonna be plan A, I guess. The 425 Caddy + TH350 will get half the mileage of plan B, and it won't handle as good or have A/C or a good stereo, butttttttttttttttttttttttttt...that's not important.

To do list: trans leak (speedo cable), oil pressure sender (needs to be relocated to firewall as it keeps failing due to engine vibration), alignment, bed storage solution, grease the front end + fluids (easy peasy). Overall it is manageable at this point.

Plan B is still the Marauder...Plan C would be the Country Squire I guess.

2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
                    1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
                    1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post
                      Picked up a plan B over the weekend. 1990 Firebird, 3.1, AT, T-tops, 90k miles, one owner. Needs an alternator and a good cleaning for starters (been sitting since 2012).

Click image for larger version Name:	file.png Views:	1 Size:	428.3 KB ID:	1225666
                      I thought you had a Camaro Convertible as a plan B, or is that now C, or D... Behind the Nova & Mustang?

I had an '83 Firebird once upon a time... put a .040 bored 400 sbc in that... man did that car use up tires
                      '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                      '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                      79 Trans Am project
                      ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
                        Well, dad has pushed enough over the past two weeks about road testing the '62, so this is gonna be plan A, I guess. The 425 Caddy + TH350 will get half the mileage of plan B, and it won't handle as good or have A/C or a good stereo, butttttttttttttttttttttttttt...that's not important.

To do list: trans leak (speedo cable), oil pressure sender (needs to be relocated to firewall as it keeps failing due to engine vibration), alignment, bed storage solution, grease the front end + fluids (easy peasy). Overall it is manageable at this point ...]
                        Shoot - real men - could knock out those upgrades in a couple weekends

I mean how hard could it be to install a bigger alternator to drive the amp(S) to power a stereo system. Not sure what is required on the handling but a quick trip to KMart should get you a good deal on a Detroit Speed kit for the Chevrolet!

For us A/C is optional - it has been years since we have actually used the A/C in the wagon even though I charge it periodically to insure proper cooling.

Comment

That’s what I’m talking about... get it done

Comment

Like I said, A/C and a 'good' stereo are optional...we will survive with FM and a bluetooth transmitter :D
                            2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
                            1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
                            1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

I think I figured out what was wrong with my Pontiac cammer six. Apparently if you rebuild a motor and let it sit, after 25-ish years, its totally possible for the hydraulic lifters to totally seize. The bottom end looked beautifully clean. I pulled the head and cleaned/lapped all the valves. Cam still looks good. Didn't see any glitter, the follower clips were moving the lifters up and down in their bore instead of them working as they should, so I think that saved the motor.

My dad and I also think it's possible they rebuilt the bottom end and put a new cam in it. The bores and pistons look great (they look new on 2 cylinders because it appears the valves were stuck open and those cylinders never actually fired) The cam looks new-ish and the lifters still had assembly lube around them. They were just stuck. I had to use a bench vise to get one to "pop" so I could move it up and down. The new lifters have a much larger oiling hole as well. Still waiting on parts to reassemble it.

Fingers crossed, I'd love for this to be a PT car, even if it's only Fri-Mon. Bristol is only 150 miles from home, I think that's where I'm calling it quits this year. I only have 11 days of Vacation and I did PT and a week long trip with my wife and I was out of vac in July of last year. I was so burned out by the end of this year... I need a break. I'll only need to take Mon off from work.

This car has no A/C and manual drum brakes and no PS.
                              Last edited by Jesse James 80; January 2, 2019, 02:23 PM.
                              1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                              1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                              1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

We also went to Nashville for 5 days and it rained most of the time we were gone... and my cover blew off, and yes, I forgot to roll the window back up. Interior smelled bad before... smells REALLY bad now...
                                1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                                1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                                1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Working...
                                X