No announcement yet.

2019 Veterans Car Show on Friday Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There will be a silent auction for a few items at Richards with all the proceeds going to help the vets.

So far I have 4 sets of spark plug wires from Scott Performance Wire to the 4 high bidders. This is a small family run company using American Made products. You will meet everyone building the wire sets at my Kick Off Party.

I have worked with them for a very long time. They were predominantly race car wire sets, but are now doing street car stuff with the best possible components and products. Check them out or drop them a thank you.

https://sparkplugwires.com/

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
      There will be a silent auction for a few items at Richards with all the proceeds going to help the vets.

So far I have 4 sets of spark plug wires from Scott Performance Wire to the 4 high bidders. This is a small family run company using American Made products. You will meet everyone building the wire sets at my Kick Off Party.

I have worked with them for a very long time. They were predominantly race car wire sets, but are now doing street car stuff with the best possible components and products. Check them out or drop them a thank you.

https://sparkplugwires.com/
      I was actually planning to chat with you about getting plug wires for the Wagon I recently picked up. No idea how old the ones in the car are, and remember you mentioned wires on last years tour...
      Last edited by Redline04; May 31, 2019, 08:16 PM.
      '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
      '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
      79 Trans Am project
      ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Originally posted by Redline04 View Post

I was actually planning to chat with you about getting plug wires for the Wagon I recently picked up. No idea how old the ones in the car are, and remember you mentioned wires on last years tour...
        Bid on them at Richards or I can make arrangements to have a set waiting here if it is a stock application. There are many color, boot and wire type selections.

Let me know how I can help.

Comment

Bid on them at Richards or I can make arrangements to have a set waiting here if it is a stock application. There are many color, boot and wire type selections.

Let me know how I can help.
          Currently stock Mopar 318. Has 90 degree boots on distributor and straight boots on plugs. either black or blue for wire color.(Wagon is blue) Approximate cost for a set?
          Still figuring out what direction I want to go with it; either upgrade the 318 with a bunch of goodies, or find a 360 and build that up. Either way I'd have to replace the base model Trans that is currently behind the 318. I'll be spending some time this tour looking at what others have done and what options I have. Kind of new to Mopar. Most of my previous cars have been GM.

'86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
          '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
          79 Trans Am project
          ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Is anything going on between registration and the veterans show? We should be in town around noon or so.
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
              Is anything going on between registration and the veterans show? We should be in town around noon or so.
              Bob, I am thinking we could all go to the NC Auto Racing Hall of Fame in Mooresville around 4:00 ish and leave there about 5:15 - 5:30. I have not had time to get over there to see about any discounts or special tours. It is open to the public. I can also take a group of people to Acme High Performance in the afternoon for a tour. Hands down they are building some of the most advanced street cars in the country. We could do that. If there is any interest in that let me know.

There are many race shops in the area, Go Pro Motorplex for some of the best cart racing around. My goal is to get credentials on Friday asap and get back to Mooresville. Anyone can show up at my house at anytime on Friday after 1. I should be back from Concord by then.

I do not have a smart phone and will probably not be on the internet at all on Friday through the rest of PT. Call me or text with any questions, or need for directions. I should be on the phone list.

I have been covered up trying to get my junk and other peoples junk ready for PT. and clean up a little around here....
              Last edited by htrdharley; June 5, 2019, 05:31 AM.

Comment

should be in town thurs nite(mooresville) so we expect to be there
                Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

I should be over your way Lars after I stop by the track and pick up my stuff. I got you number if i'm running late I will call just tell where the party is at and i will find you all...

Comment

... I can also take a group of people to Acme High Performance in the afternoon for a tour....
                    This would be my vote! You have to get past the part that they may not be shaving yet but in my typical evening state - they sure seemed smart to me!

Comment

... My goal is to get credentials on Friday asap and get back to Mooresville. ...
                      Lars - what is your thoughts on departure time to go get your credentials?

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Not Lar's, but we talked today. I was planning to be there by no later than noon! Get in and out of Charlotte back to Mooresville.
                        Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post

Not Lar's, but we talked today. I was planning to be there by no later than noon! Get in and out of Charlotte back to Mooresville.
                          Thanks Andy
                          We will be in Mooresville Thursday night and was trying to figure out if we could follow Lars down on Friday.

Comment

Thanks Andy
                            We will be in Mooresville Thursday night and was trying to figure out if we could follow Lars down on Friday.
                            Lar's told me hopefuly by 11am he would be headed home are back towards home anyway! I'm hopeing we will also but you never know.
                            Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Allen, I plan on heading over there about 11 am or so. I am not sure what time we can get or credentials.

Comment

Friday Tour: If everyone would like to meet or hang out at my place Friday , I will take a group to Acme around 315 or 330. It is a 20 minute drive to Statesville NC. We can hang out and look at some really cool stuff then head directly to Richards Coffee Shop.

Acme does some cutting edge stuff for some really high end clients as well as some skunk works stuff for the OEM. Although not mentioned in H.R. mag, one of the skunk works cars was a recent feature. I am not sure what I can or can not talk about, so I will let the guys in shop give you guys the full tour.

Comment

Working...
                                X