Comment

Of course we'll be there, thanks Lars
      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

That sounds cool - thanks Lars - !
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

We're a definite maybe at this time.....I'll look at drive times and rearrange our enroute hotels if I can.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Sounds like a fun time for sure. I'll be there. I may try and get dad there also he is a vet. Get my brother to drive him over in the 56 for the night.
            Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

The show will most likely take place on Friday evening ( 6-9 ) with parking behind Richards Coffee Shop (
              165 N Main St, Mooresville, NC 28115 )
              . There is a large parking lot.

We are still working out details.

Parking will also be anywhere else that has public parking along main street. Getting main street shut down is probably not going to happen ( I should have started planning a year ago...).

There might be a change with the venue and time for the other event ( Chill Fest ). The traffic from where the new venue is will take about 1-2 hours to get to Mooresville, even though it is only 20 miles away.

Friday afternoon traffic sucks on all the major interstates around here.

My plan is to go register for PT Friday then come back to Mooresville and hang out until the Veterans Show later in the day. Anyone is welcome to stop by and hang out or use the shop.

Comment

We be there whenever we get to town.

Comment

That's what Dave and I where planning also. I'm not sure about the Laid Back deal yet because they haven't said anything yet. I guess we will go by get our credentials then head your way and to the motel.
                  I wonder if they are going to give the car away Friday? Hondo posted it would be given away before the tour started.

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post

There might be a change with the venue and time for the other event ( Chill Fest ). The traffic from where the new venue is will take about 1-2 hours to get to Mooresville, even though it is only 20 miles away.

My plan is to go register for PT Friday then come back to Mooresville and hang out until the Veterans Show later in the day. Anyone is welcome to stop by and hang out or use the shop.
                    Hey Lars! Could you repost the backroad directions to/from Mooresville like you did last year? Can't find where I put them, and I'm staying in Moorseville (Quality Inn) for the kick-off weekend. Thanks!

'86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                    '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                    79 Trans Am project
                    ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Lar's may know the area better than I since I have been gone for 30 years but here is a old route we use to take. I don't know how it is now though.

Take Burton Smith Blvd it's the rd Z-Max is on,turn right to Cox Smith rd, turn left on Poplar Tent rd follow it and it turns into Shiloh Church rd, take a left on Odell School rd, then another left on old Mooresville rd are #3. It will dump you out in Mooresville.

Comment

Originally posted by Redline04 View Post

Hey Lars! Could you repost the backroad directions to/from Mooresville like you did last year? Can't find where I put them, and I'm staying in Moorseville (Quality Inn) for the kick-off weekend. Thanks!
                        Will do. There is some construction at the track, my regular escape route gate is closed right now. I will post directions when it gets a little closer, hopefully that gate opens.

Andy, that is the first half of the old school route. My advice is stay away from Bruton Smith BLVD as much as possible, especially on Friday.

Odell scholl is a good choice, but with so many people in the area now, making the left onto 3 gets dangerous and a long wait in traffic. On a weekend, it is hit and miss. I will probably use a "hot rod" friendly route as much as possible.

Comment

Yea I knew traffic would be a big factor. I'm thinking it's going to be even worse come Saturday getting out and up to Mooresville. Yea those crazy NC Hotrodders are the craziest!

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
                            The show will most likely take place on Friday evening ( 6-9 ) with parking behind Richards Coffee Shop (
                            165 N Main St, Mooresville, NC 28115 )
                            . There is a large parking lot.
                            We are still working out details.
                            Parking will also be anywhere else that has public parking along main street. Getting main street shut down is probably not going to happen ( I should have started planning a year ago...).
                            So I have a friend from Atlanta that does HRPT. He has a friend with Ganassi that is willing to do a group tour. It would be earlier than the Veteran's Show, but not sure what time exactly. Any takers?

Comment

If that could be set up on Friday mid day or possibly early afternoon ( 4-5 tour ) that would be great. When he started in cup I spent some time at the shop in Mooresville. I have not been to the new place in Concord though. Count me in.

Comment

It's beginning to look like I need to start a day earlier.........
                                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                                X