No announcement yet.

2019 Veterans Car Show on Friday Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are set to have the Veterans Car Show on Friday evening from 6-8:30 at Richards Coffee Shop. The Bangshift Forum Freaks will have a reserved parking lot behind Richards. We will also have dedicated tables inside to hang out at, eat drink or whatever. I am hoping that the tour at
    Chip Ganassi Racing will end by 5 pm, and everyone over there can follow me to Richards. Diane will have to chime in on that.

Richards is not normally open on Friday evening. They have arranged for some of the regular volunteers to help out that evening with parking, food etc. This is a museum as well as a coffee shop. There will be tours inside for small groups for those that would like to do so. I really recommend this.

. Big Tinys BBQ ( https://bigtinysbbq.com/ ) is a couple of doors down and will be offering food inside Richards on a limited menu, or anyone wanting to come inside Big Tinys to eat is more than welcome. Let them know your with the Hot Rod Power Tour, he may offer discounts and is also working with Richards Coffee Shop to donate some of the proceeds to them. This is the guy who cooked at Roush Racing for the lunch stop a few years ago. He is a car guy and racer.

There will be a few donated items for a silent auction, as well as a 50 / 50 with all the proceeds benefitting Richards.

Veterans, please sign in at the front door.

You do not have to be a veteran to hang out at Richards. They welcome everyone.

As mentioned, they are not normally open Friday evening. They are open at 7:30 on Saturday morning. I have attached a menu for Saturday morning. There is always some live music going on, many veterans come in or are brought in from local nursing homes or veterans homes, it is really amazing what happens there. Come by on Saturday before PT and see what Richards is all about. I spent last Saturday morning there, and brought the 57. I parked out back where small shuttle buses were bringing guys in. I had the pleasure of speaking with several guys who were glad to see the old car and bring back memories. It is very crowded and very busy on Saturday morning, there is no way to get any dedicated parking or do a show that morning. But I plan on stopping by and or cruising through town before PT.

There are also several other places to eat or drink: Bathtub Gin, 202 Main, Beer Lab, Smoky J's BBQ, Pie in the Sky Pizza all only a couple blocks away.

We also plan to have this as an informal cruise night downtown. There should be some local cars coming in after 7.
    Last edited by htrdharley; April 26, 2019, 08:56 AM.

Comment

I wish we were able to attend but we can only short haul this year due to work. This is always such a meaningful event.
      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

I'm going to be talking to dad about this Lars and see if I can get one of my brothers to bring him out.Thanks.
        Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Link to Richard's website - https://www.welcomevets.com/
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

We will be making the trip again from Vancouver on the west coast again this year, if all goes well I'll be in town early enough to do Ganassi... if there's room Diane? For sure will work to get to Richards for Vet's event. Thanks for all this set up work people!

Comment

Just texted my ATL. Camaro friend to see the status of the tour! Will follow up
              ASAP!

Comment

Originally posted by dianeokie View Post
                Just texted my ATL. Camaro friend to see the status of the tour! Will follow up
                ASAP!
                Any word back on this yet Diane? Donna, Dad and I will be in town fairly early Friday.
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Us too. Wondering where to go first.......probably get our credentials then play it by ear.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                    Us too. Wondering where to go first.......probably get our credentials then play it by ear.
                    I think that's our plan as well Ed.
                    I R Bob
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                      That is my plan. Chip Ganassi Racing

is close to the track, get credentials then the tour, then back to Mooresville for the vets cruise in.

Diane, any word on the tour?

Comment

Myself, Big Dave Perry and John & Kathy will be heading straight to the track to get ours then to the race shop if Dianne works it out and then motel in Mooresville then to vet show. As much as I want to go to the laid back party it's not worth fighting the traffic to go back into Charlotte. Lars is just gonna have to put up with us for two nights!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post
                          Myself, Big Dave Perry and John & Kathy will be heading straight to the track to get ours then to the race shop if Dianne works it out and then motel in Mooresville then to vet show. As much as I want to go to the laid back party it's not worth fighting the traffic to go back into Charlotte. Lars is just gonna have to put up with us for two nights!
                          That sounds about like we're planning on doing too.
                          I R Bob

Comment

The vets show is about as ready to go as possible. I am hoping that the Forum Freaks will all be here ( at Richards ) by 6 pm, we can eat and hang out or have a beer or three.

if the Ganassi tour does not work out, there are some other things we can do Friday afternoon. Concord and Speedway BLVD is a complete C.F. most Friday afternoons. My plan is to get credentials hopefully no later than 1, then head back to Mooresville asap. My house can be a general meeting place Friday afternoon, come by as your schedule allows.

Depending what happens that afternoon, I will come up with something cool to do in the afternoon.

Comment

I figured you would have something going on. We should be at the track by 12 noon if nothing happens. We be ready as will ever be I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
                                The vets show is about as ready to go as possible. I am hoping that the Forum Freaks will all be here ( at Richards ) by 6 pm, we can eat and hang out or have a beer or three.

if the Ganassi tour does not work out, there are some other things we can do Friday afternoon. Concord and Speedway BLVD is a complete C.F. most Friday afternoons. My plan is to get credentials hopefully no later than 1, then head back to Mooresville asap. My house can be a general meeting place Friday afternoon, come by as your schedule allows.

Depending what happens that afternoon, I will come up with something cool to do in the afternoon.
                                So, apologies to all, but my friend from Atlanta was not able to make the Ganassi thing work! Guess that will give us more time to do other things! So sorry!

Comment

Working...
                                X