Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know what the routes will be to each stop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think maybe you are putting too much emphasis on the "official" route. Lots of people don't stick to it and just hit the Interstates and highways to get to the venue as quickly as possible. Others find cool places to visit along the way and just head right to the hotel, foregoing the venue entirely. Some make it about the cars and to others it's all about the people. Do what you want, it's your vacation ... enjoy it.

Comment

The official route will be where any spectators would be and it’s more scenic than the interstates. I’m a big fan of the posted routes.
      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
        The official route will be where any spectators would be and it’s more scenic than the interstates. I’m a big fan of the posted routes.
        Agreed, its the 2nd reason i do this every year, the 1st being spending time with the car junkies
        nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

me too- I do the route except when lost or making a sightseeing trip -
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

I travel the route except for side trips
            Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
            The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Why go to the trouble, if not doing the route? May as well be cruising down the interstate by yourself.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

We do the route. How else would I find the little hole in the wall places to eat?
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                  We do the route. How else would I find the little hole in the wall places to eat?
                  and ice cream shops
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post

and ice cream shops
                    Very true Phil. I think Donna is converting me into an ice cream lover.
                    I R Bob
                    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Going to the GM proving grounds we found a place for breakfast called NICKS. Great food.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by >>>>head View Post
                        "I'd like to teach the world to sing...... in perfect harmony, I'd like to buy the world a Coke and keep me company"
                        {opps got carried away]
                        Tom....this is so funny....and true? LOL......from your political buddy
                        Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Working...
                        X