Martinsville to Bristol - Route guesses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martinsville to Bristol - Route guesses

Martinsville and Bristol aren't very far apart. Any guess as to what roads they will be taking? I could see a couple different alternatives, what are your best guesses?
    Danford1

Here's my best guess...

Maybe not all of it, but if they don't do Rt. 421 through Shady Valley I will be highly disappointed.
    2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
    1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
    1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
      Here's my best guess...

Maybe not all of it, but if they don't do Rt. 421 through Shady Valley I will be highly disappointed.
      This is the route I suggested months ago. It is a very nice drive, I hope they go with it.

I also suggested dropping south a little to 421 past Wilkesboro Speedway. It is possible to stop in and see the place and get a few pictures.

Comment

I kind of pictured them staying on hwy 58 all the to Bristol.

Comment

Did you guys map out possible routes for the other days? Concord to Martinsville has a few routes depending on how many miles they want to cover.
          What do you figure?

Comment

The drive between Martinsville and Hillsville is nice I done it a few times heading to Ohio and Indiana.

If you take 421 through Boone its a pretty cool college town in a hippie kind of way. I stopped and had dinner there last year on DW. It was one of those fine your own way because of the hurricane.
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
            ​​​​​​

Comment

You could drive rt 220 to Roanoke to the Blue Ridge Parkway and drive the Parkway To Fancy Gap and get off on rt 52 north to rt 148 and rt on I77 to rt 58 and stay on rt 58 to Abingdon Va.Then I 81 to Bristol.

Comment

Originally posted by 67ragtop View Post
                drive the Parkway To Fancy Gap
                You wish !

Comment

Considering bailing on the route once it hits Damascus, and routing down to the aforementioned 421. Here is what I'm talking about:

Is anyone else interested?

Comment

I'm thinking about going south from Hillsville to Fancy Gap and then take the Blueridge to Boone then 321 to 19E

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                      I'm thinking about going south from Hillsville to Fancy Gap and then take the Blueridge to Boone then 321 to 19E
                      Great idea. You won't be sorry. Some of the prettiest part of the Parkway. About one mile north of the intersection of highway 58 and the Blue Ridge Parkway is Mabry Mill (one the most photographed exhibits) and a great restaurant for breakfast.
                      Last edited by smalblock; May 22, 2019, 05:50 PM.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Any route through that part of the world is great...
                        Alan, I have run your suggestion several times, it is a great drive. I have also run the PT route, you wont be sorry taking the route, especially the first 3/4's.

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
                          This is the route I suggested months ago. It is a very nice drive, I hope they go with it.
                          I'm torn on where to abandon the official route. I was thinking about bailing in Independence, VA, but now I'm thinking about staying on 'til Damascus. Anyone have any input one way or the other?

Exiting in Independence: https://goo.gl/maps/EfSeaLLyWqK7CLAp8
                          Exiting in Damascus: https://goo.gl/maps/nZApjUdrGe84CvUa8

Comment

Both great drives, I am not sure which one I would take again, but I am in that area on a regular basis.

I don't think you can go wrong, but the route is a great drive...

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
                              Both great drives, I am not sure which one I would take again, but I am in that area on a regular basis.

I don't think you can go wrong, but the route is a great drive...
                              Alright. Maybe I will play it loose and see how I feel that day.
                              Unless anyone here wants to join, in which case I’m all too willing to try and plan something.

Comment

Working...
                              X