55th anniversary mustang show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55th anniversary mustang show

last weekend, headed up to charlotte , nc for the mustang show/ mustang museum opening. was disappointed by a small turnout (mostly new cars), and expected rain on friday. so i headed 1-1/2 hour north to fancy gap to hang out with vic and terri. had a great time with those guys. they're great host and fun to be around. anyway, they presented me with a t-shirt that i guess was bought a few years ago and signed by various people whom attended one of the gear head events. i just wanted to thank everyone....better late then never??
    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

I wanted to head up to the Museum opening myself, but I didn't want to burn a whole vacation day on it. It was also smack in the middle of the week.

1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
    1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
    1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

not impressed by the museum. the corvette museum puts it to shame. it's small and not any real significant cars.
      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
        not impressed by the museum. it's small and not any real significant cars.
        That is disappointing.

Comment

Well that sucks. I do travel to Charlotte a few times a year, I'll still probably stop by.

I really did enjoy seeing the Corvette Museum finally on PT last year.
          1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
          1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
          1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
            not impressed by the museum. the corvette museum puts it to shame. it's small and not any real significant cars.
            It takes any museum some time to build the collection. This one just opened the week of the Mustang show. The Corvette Museum has been open a very long time and has the support of GM. I would expect that by the 60th anniversary it will be better.

Comment

Was great to see Bruce again! We really enjoyed hanging out with him!
              Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
              Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Working...
              X