Jim and Mary (GHI) Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim and Mary (GHI) Update

Jim and Mary have settled into their place in South Dakota. They've gotten to meet all of their few neighbors. Their neighbors even stop by bringing cookies.

Jim's got a 2000 square foot fully insulated shop with a concrete floor and he's happy as a pig in a mudhole. They have done well. They're smiling out loud.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

That's cool. Thanks for sharing.
    Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
    74 Nova Project
    66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
    79 Chevy Truck Project
    1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post
      That's cool. Thanks for sharing.
      I dragged and limped my sorry self out to the mailbox today after the mail truck came by. That used up all of my upright steps for the day.

There was a business-sized envelope, hand-addressed to us. Inside that envelope was a card:

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010454.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	1241579

On the back of it was the most wonderful handwritten message. That's just astounding, a delightful and so unexpected surprise. It's just amazing that they are still even thinking about us. I called Mary from the info written on the back of that card. I confided that maybe perhaps our nights at the Gear Head Inn were maybe the most fun I've ever had. Just too MUCH fun, can't breathe for laughing.

Mary maybe probably couldn't quite say it before while they were still running the business and trying to attract customers, but she also confided that the Bangshiters were probably the best guests they ever had. The most fun ever. That's special. That is really really neat.

Comment

I guess I'm special too ( in a good way ), I got a card also, with an open invitation to stop in anytime. A very special couple that I'm glad to call friends.
        Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
        If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
          I guess I'm special too ( in a good way ), I got a card also, with an open invitation to stop in anytime. A very special couple that I'm glad to call friends.
          Amen Perry. We "did" something there. That was just way too cool. Over and over.

Comment

I've watched those videos, and I've got lots of them. I can't believe Jim and Mary let us carry on like that. They in fact encouraged it. That was just unlimited fun. Talk about being on "vacation" or something, that was over the top. A cruise ship would be a serious downgrade from that setup.

Comment

We got a card too! So heartwarming to know they liked us enough to want us to keep in touch. Hope we can make it to South Dakota someday to visit them. Such a wonderful couple! We created some great memories at the GHI. A once-in-a-lifetime experience. It's amazing how a place can bring people together!!
              Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
              Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Terri - - the Deadwodd/Sturgis area in South Dakota was just amazing, so many things to do. We went last September with the Western Scenic Tour bunch and it was just great. You guys would like that area. Hopefully Jim and Mary relocated around there.
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Unit and I have agreed...and this is hard to express properly.....that outdoor movie screen at GHI was probably a big advantage for Jim and Mary for the random visitors. Very unique. But for us BSers it was a downgrade. It made everybody just shut up and watch the movie instead of interacting like what we're used to. Did I say that right?

Comment

Working...
                  X