2019 motels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 motels

Everyone better be checking their reservations. Face book is lit up tonight on motels cancelling room's not bought through Anthony travel in Martinsville Va.
    Retirement is better than I thought!

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post
    Everyone better be checking their reservations. Face book is lit up tonight on motels cancelling room's not bought through Anthony travel in Martinsville Va.
    Thanks Andy, I'll have Donna check today.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I'm still good at the EconoLodge in Martinsville per the front desk.
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Donna just called and we're good to go at the Hampton Inn.
        I R Bob
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

More cancellations today at other hotels. Information on HRPT facebook pages.
          Last edited by smalblock; May 1, 2019, 02:51 PM.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
            I'm still good at the EconoLodge in Martinsville per the front desk.
            Same here, but they called me last week and ask me to move to another motel 30 miles away. We were in a shouting match for about 15 minutes on who was over booked. No telling what I’m going to run into when we check in.
            I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

Does this just involve the hotels the promoter is using?
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                Does this just involve the hotels the promoter is using?
                Ed, I think you are at the HIE. I did not see it mentioned. The Econolodge and Comfort Inn were. It appears that anyone who made their reservation through Choice Hotels web site has not been canceled, but the people who reserved directly with the hotel were. They are telling people they had flood and tornado damage. I haven't looked at facebook in several hours.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by smalblock View Post

Ed, I think you are at the HIE. I did not see it mentioned. The Econolodge and Comfort Inn were. It appears that anyone who made their reservation through Choice Hotels web site has not been canceled, but the people who reserved directly with the hotel were. They are telling people they had flood and tornado damage. I haven't looked at facebook in several hours.
                  Thanks Jack.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by mike327 View Post

Same here, but they called me last week and ask me to move to another motel 30 miles away. We were in a shouting match for about 15 minutes on who was over booked. No telling what I’m going to run into when we check in.
                    I checked on-line (several times in the last two months), then called Choice Hotels 800# - both good. Then I called and spoke to M.J. at the front desk - and I had spoken to Alexis on 4/18 at the front desk too (when I first heard of your issues) so I've done my due diligence - but that don't mean squat come check-in time if they cancelled me anyway. If Anthony Travel threw big bucks at them money talks and bullshit walks.

Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post

I checked on-line (several times in the last two months), then called Choice Hotels 800# - both good. Then I called and spoke to M.J. at the front desk - and I had spoken to Alexis on 4/18 at the front desk too (when I first heard of your issues) so I've done my due diligence - but that don't mean squat come check-in time if they cancelled me anyway. If Anthony Travel threw big bucks at them money talks and bullshit walks.
                      You could all sleep in the bed of your truck Phil! I've slept in the Lightning more than a few times.
                      I R Bob

Comment

Just ran a check and we are good. Thanks for the warning, Andy.
                        2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
                        1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
                        1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post

You could all sleep in the bed of your truck Phil! I've slept in the Lightning more than a few times.
                          Not me- this old body couldn't take it. As an update to my post above I got a cancellation e-mail yesterday from the EconoLodge in Martinsville so I moved to Mount Airy, NC. and I can go drinking with Otis from Mayberry fame.
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

I was in Mt. Airy a few years ago. Neat little town.
                            I R Bob

Comment

So we are okay if we booked through Anthony travel?

Comment

Working...
                              X