2019 motels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
    So we are okay if we booked through Anthony travel?
    Should be. Apparently Anothny or either Hot Rod or both blocked rooms at choice hotels in Martinsville. So Choice kicked everybody else out.
    I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

We had an instance in 08 where they double booked rooms. We ended up nearly flooded in 40 miles off of the route in a hotel they 'substituted'. I do not stay in choice hotels.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I try to stay at Holiday in Express, but....why not stay at Choice Hotels, where everybody "glows"?.....hah!

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
          We had an instance in 08 where they double booked rooms. We ended up nearly flooded in 40 miles off of the route in a hotel they 'substituted'. I do not stay in choice hotels.
          That's where I met you and Mary - at the substitute hotel my first PT - Urbandale, IA. -
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Hilton/Hampton Inns in Martinsville are cancelling rooms also.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by smalblock View Post
              Hilton/Hampton Inns in Martinsville are cancelling rooms also.
              Uh oh. We're in the Hampton Inn but we called last week and we were good.
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post

Uh oh. We're in the Hampton Inn but we called last week and we were good.
                maybe grab a backup in Mt Airy or Hillsville?.....just to be safe

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post

maybe grab a backup in Mt Airy or Hillsville?.....just to be safe
                  Probably not a bad idea, Dave.I'll have my social director look into it tonight. Do you know if people are getting emails telling them they are cancelled?
                  I R Bob
                  2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

no, I haven't heard anything other than what has been posted on the board.....but, if I had a room there, I would be a little nervous.....I do have a HIE room in Hillsville, with a backup in Mt Airy

Comment

Probably not a bad idea, Dave.I'll have my social director look into it tonight. Do you know if people are getting emails telling them they are cancelled?
                      The lady said she called last night to check on her reservations and was told her four rooms had been cancelled.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by smalblock View Post

The lady said she called last night to check on her reservations and was told her four rooms had been cancelled.
                        Donna called again last night and we were told that our rooms are good.
                        I R Bob

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                          I try to stay at Holiday in Express, but....why not stay at Choice Hotels, where everybody "glows"?.....hah!
                          Once you get started with one chain you build points and it's hard to book elsewhere. I usually wind up getting 2 free nights per year and use then on the way to and the way home from PT. In this case I used points to get the Mount Airy room free. Choice only allows you to book free rooms 100 days in advance. Lookin' forward to seeing you Dave - I need to crash the Holiday Inn parking lots at night Where the Action is.

Only the elderly will remember this show - funny what stuff pops into your head sometimes.

Phil / Omaha

Comment

Donna called again last night and we were told that our rooms are good.
                            Probably because your hotel didn't succumb to the pressures of greed like some others did.
                            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post

Once you get started with one chain you build points and it's hard to book elsewhere. I usually wind up getting 2 free nights per year and use then on the way to and the way home from PT. In this case I used points to get the Mount Airy room free. Choice only allows you to book free rooms 100 days in advance. Lookin' forward to seeing you Dave - I need to crash the Holiday Inn parking lots at night Where the Action is.

Only the elderly will remember this show - funny what stuff pops into your head sometimes.

Talkin' about me and jack again, aren't ya?
                              Last edited by oletrux4evr; May 7, 2019, 05:49 AM.
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

That show only ran 2 years and I remember it too brother.
                                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                                X