Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smalblock
    replied
    Hilton/Hampton Inns in Martinsville are cancelling rooms also.

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
    We had an instance in 08 where they double booked rooms. We ended up nearly flooded in 40 miles off of the route in a hotel they 'substituted'. I do not stay in choice hotels.
    That's where I met you and Mary - at the substitute hotel my first PT - Urbandale, IA. -

Leave a comment:

• rexdogg
    replied
    I try to stay at Holiday in Express, but....why not stay at Choice Hotels, where everybody "glows"?.....hah!

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    We had an instance in 08 where they double booked rooms. We ended up nearly flooded in 40 miles off of the route in a hotel they 'substituted'. I do not stay in choice hotels.

Leave a comment:

• mike327
    replied
    Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
    So we are okay if we booked through Anthony travel?
    Should be. Apparently Anothny or either Hot Rod or both blocked rooms at choice hotels in Martinsville. So Choice kicked everybody else out.

Leave a comment:

• JRoberts
    replied
    So we are okay if we booked through Anthony travel?

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    I was in Mt. Airy a few years ago. Neat little town.

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    Originally posted by BluLightning View Post

You could all sleep in the bed of your truck Phil! I've slept in the Lightning more than a few times.
    Not me- this old body couldn't take it. As an update to my post above I got a cancellation e-mail yesterday from the EconoLodge in Martinsville so I moved to Mount Airy, NC. and I can go drinking with Otis from Mayberry fame.

Leave a comment:

• a_d_a_m
    replied
    Just ran a check and we are good. Thanks for the warning, Andy.

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post

I checked on-line (several times in the last two months), then called Choice Hotels 800# - both good. Then I called and spoke to M.J. at the front desk - and I had spoken to Alexis on 4/18 at the front desk too (when I first heard of your issues) so I've done my due diligence - but that don't mean squat come check-in time if they cancelled me anyway. If Anthony Travel threw big bucks at them money talks and bullshit walks.
    You could all sleep in the bed of your truck Phil! I've slept in the Lightning more than a few times.

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    Originally posted by mike327 View Post

Same here, but they called me last week and ask me to move to another motel 30 miles away. We were in a shouting match for about 15 minutes on who was over booked. No telling what I’m going to run into when we check in.
    I checked on-line (several times in the last two months), then called Choice Hotels 800# - both good. Then I called and spoke to M.J. at the front desk - and I had spoken to Alexis on 4/18 at the front desk too (when I first heard of your issues) so I've done my due diligence - but that don't mean squat come check-in time if they cancelled me anyway. If Anthony Travel threw big bucks at them money talks and bullshit walks.

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    Originally posted by smalblock View Post

Ed, I think you are at the HIE. I did not see it mentioned. The Econolodge and Comfort Inn were. It appears that anyone who made their reservation through Choice Hotels web site has not been canceled, but the people who reserved directly with the hotel were. They are telling people they had flood and tornado damage. I haven't looked at facebook in several hours.
    Thanks Jack.

Leave a comment:

• smalblock
    replied
    Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
    Does this just involve the hotels the promoter is using?
    Ed, I think you are at the HIE. I did not see it mentioned. The Econolodge and Comfort Inn were. It appears that anyone who made their reservation through Choice Hotels web site has not been canceled, but the people who reserved directly with the hotel were. They are telling people they had flood and tornado damage. I haven't looked at facebook in several hours.

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    Does this just involve the hotels the promoter is using?

Leave a comment:

• mike327
    replied
    Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
    I'm still good at the EconoLodge in Martinsville per the front desk.
    Same here, but they called me last week and ask me to move to another motel 30 miles away. We were in a shouting match for about 15 minutes on who was over booked. No telling what I’m going to run into when we check in.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X