No announcement yet.

The Route is Out !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre HRPT caravan LA to Gallup, NM, Oklahoma City, Birmingham AL, Concord NC. Information on Hot rod Power Tour facebook page.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

When do you think you'll be coming thru Birmingham? We will be leaving from there Saturday morning, the 8th..
      Last edited by SNWBLL; May 29, 2019, 06:39 AM. Reason: Adding which Saturday morning, lol.

Comment

The plans as on now is to spend the night in Hoover and leave early Friday morning June 7 and drive to Concord Friday. The information is on Hot Rod Power Tour facebook page. Jacob Davis from Hot Rod magazine made the post.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Remember guy's & gal's I-85 is a death trap between Greenville SC and the NC state line right now. Concrete barriers on both sides of you with no where to go if some happens in front of you. The construction will have traffic backed up I'm sure because I haven't been through there in months because last time I did I sat stopped for almost 2 solid hrs!
          You can avoid this by taking Hwy 11 as soon as you cross over into SC form Atlanta. #1 exit in SC over the lake. It will add about a hr to your driving time but if you get into the construction zone which is 45 miles long you may be sitting for hrs.
          Hwy 11 runs right at the foot of the mountains in SC & NC and there is plenty to see. This is how I'm going up to Charlotte Friday morning along with Big Dave, Perry and John & Kathy. Depending on the time we leave I will take us through the back way into Charlotte to try and stay out of the main traffic but will take the Bypass around Charlotte to the track.
          We will be stopping in Tryon NC at Na-Na cafe' to eat breakfast.
          345 S Trade St

Tryon, North Carolina

beside my brothers store Blue Moon Custom Stained Glass

to meet up with John & Kathy. Then head toward Charlotte.
          Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Andy is not exaggerating, the stretch of road is terrible right now. No escape lane through the construction, or breakdown lane.
            If you are going to Mooresville before the track follow this route:
            I usually run highway 11 to alternate 221. Coming from the west turn left at Cowpens National Battlefield or stop and stretch your legs at the battlefield.

Take alternate 221 N to hgwy 74 east to Shelby, turn left onto 180 North. Follow this for a few miles, turn right onto highway 150. Follow 150 to Mooresville.

it will take about the same time and be less stress full than taking 85, using Andy's route to the track or my route to Mooresville. and it is a very scenic drive.

Comment

Working...
            X