is there any easy way to load the route to a garmin gps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there any easy way to load the route to a garmin gps

I finally got a dedicated gps and dont really have a clue other than the basics anyone know how load the route onto it

Wellllll - download Basecamp from Garmin on your laptop and be prepared to spend some time learning its quirks.

Comment

Much easier to just print the route using large-print option!!!!!!! Learning Garmin is about like nailing Jello to a tree!!
      Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
      Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
        Much easier to just print the route using large-print option!!!!!!! Learning Garmin is about like nailing Jello to a tree!!
        or herding cats
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Is there an easy way? NO.
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

If you use the url on the route sheet you can get the google maps version of the route. You can send that to your phone. Then find a computer wiz who might be able to get it to Garmin

Nick

Comment

59brook FWIW, I watch the following video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9Q2U3McvjM (its probably 10 years old or more) every year for a refresher. It won't tell you everything, but it should give you enough to understand what's involved. Of course it requires the Basecamp app assuming you have a Garmin. It typically takes me ~ 45 minutes to map out each day's route. Generally, it has worked very well for me as I typically take the tour with an empty navigator chair
              nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

**Don't listen to people who can not program a GPS

ENSURE YOUR GPS IS PROPERLY SET-UP.

First, you must download Garmin Express from Garmin.com. Connect the GPS to your PC with the mini-USB cable. You MUST use the Garmin cable.

Add your device and choose the two ways to create waypoints, routes and more.

1:

This method is the best user-friendly way.

Base Camp works, but the best is MapSource. It is older software, and it still gets maps updates for the computer and GPS.

I don't think you'll be able to find MapSource thus you have to use Base Camp to create waypoints and create a new route using any location you desire.

2:

Base Camp, get it from Garmin.com.

Garmin makes the best GPS. For this trip, it is a good thing to have because you can create any route as long you add waypoints on the road for it not to take you the fastest or shortest way.

It takes lots of practice to domain the GPS, it has lots of hidden functions, but that is for you to find out as you get to experience with it.

PETE
                2012 Hot Rod Power Tour ►2014 WST► ​​​​​​2015 Corvettes at Carlisle, PA ► 2015 WST► 2016 WST► 2017 WST

Comment

Anybody ever try this?
                  Any guinea pigs out there?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...z4kxbmRn3Ts2IM
                  Last edited by cstmwgn; May 23, 2019, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X