No announcement yet.

Bad news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is going to be a little long. I ended up in the hospital the Saturday after Thanksgiving with about the same thing. Had surgery the following Monday. He removed a mass about the size of my fist and I ended up with an ostomy. Dr came back and told my wife that I had stage 4 colon cancer.

Had to have another surgery the following Thursday because the ostomy was't getting enough blood flow. Both surgery's were about 9 hours long.

I stayed in the hospital for 11 days and finally got to go home. Didn't know how weak I was and fell getting in the house. Thank goodness for good drugs.

Went to the oncologist on Jan 3 and with out doing any more tests she want me to go straight to the hospital and have a central port in and start chem immediately and I said no that I wanted more test done. That's the first time I ever seen a Dr get mad. She scheduled a CT scan and blood work with a CEA test for the following Monday.

Test results came back as stage 2 and now she wanted to do radiation and chemo. Told her no again that I want to do more test in 3 months. Found out why she got so mad is because chemo and radiation for 6 months is about $250,000.

Do the CT test and blood work again the first of April. Everything came back as normal with no sighs of cancer. I still have an ostomy that I'm going to see about getting reversed later this year.

The only thing I have been doing is multi vitamin, B12 and Turmeric. I'm back trucking just have to take it easy getting in and out and when pulling on anything.

I went and seen my family Dr Friday and he couldn't believe how well I am doing. I'm stiill weak and don't have the strength I had but that's ok.

So I guess what I'm saying is don't give up hope and don't trust everything the Dr says. Always get a 2nd opinion.

Also if ya'll need someone to talk talk to I'll give you my cell number. We have done a lots of research on this and if I can help I will.
    Last edited by fenderbender; May 27, 2019, 01:50 PM.
    If Your Getting Passed On The Right Your In The Wrong Lane!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks so much for the info. Glad to hear you're doing well. Please send me a PM with your cell number. Thanks again!!
      Last edited by elcaminogirl59; May 27, 2019, 03:20 PM.
      Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
      Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

UPDATE: Brian came home from the hospital today. All things considered, he's doing pretty well. Still having pain from the surgery. They removed about 2 feet of his colon, but he does not have an ostomy bag (thank God). They're going to let him recuperate a little before starting chemo. Thank all of you so much for your responses. The Bangshift family is a tight-knit group!!
        Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

I sent you a PM
          If Your Getting Passed On The Right Your In The Wrong Lane!!!!!!

Comment

Thoughts and prayers will continue from all of us Terri!
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Just getting caught up from being in North Carolina, I so very sorry to that my prayers go out to Brian, Vic and Terri for a speedy recovery.
              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by fenderbender View Post
                I sent you a PM
                Message not showing up yet. Will send you a PM with my info, you can text it to me. Thanks again!

Comment

I got alot to learn

Glad things are looking up for Brian, Terri..
                  Hope Vic is ok too..
                  Thoughts sent your way

Comment

Wow, I just read this. thoughts and prayers to you all Terri. I see in your second post that things went good in surgery but you know will still praying for you all all the way through. I will see you all soon.

Comment

Terri
                      I just read this and I am sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you guys.

DJ
                      http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/...pssichgwqu.jpg

Comment

Hope for a speedy recovery. Will keep everyone in our thoughts and prayers.
                        PT 2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2014-2015
                        1970 EL CAMINO

Comment

Sorry to hear about Brain Terri our thoughts and prayers are for him and all the family.
                          Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Hope all are feeling better!

Comment

He came home on Thursday and is doing much better. Thank you all so much for your prayers and concern!

Comment

Glad to hear the good news, Terri and Vic!
                                I R Bob
                                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Working...
                                X