Chase car with 45 day plate?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chase car with 45 day plate?

Anyone have any experience with a temp plate? This is a GA plate and is issued by new car dealers, it has a unique number and expiration date, I assume it is traceable/runable. Think this will be OK along the route or should I try to talk the dealer into loaning me a red new car dealer tag...?
    Robert

Re: Chase car with 45 day plate?

If it's anything like here in Ohio, yes, they are entered into the database just like a regular license plate.
    2003 Marauder (2014 short haul, 2018 long haul) | 1991 Country Squire | 2004 Crown Vic ($200 winter beater) | 1962 C-10 (father-son project)

Comment

I've seen temp new car sale paper plates on the tour, never with the MAN behind them - I think you'll be fine
      nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Registration is what they look at during check-in. And insurance, drivers' license....I don't think the plate will be an issue either.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Due to bad planning on my part, I did 2014 with a paper temp plate. People kept asking if i had just bought the car.
          Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
          74 Nova Project
          66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
          79 Chevy Truck Project

Comment

Thank you everyone, I’ll continue trying to get the permeant plate before we leave, but believe we will be ok. The actual “Tour Car” has a permenant plate but this is a new car that my Bride will be following along with...
            Robert

Comment

I drove the 56 Bel Air last year on the whole tour with a out of date sticker! I finally realized it at my dad's house on the last day when I swapped cars to drive the 64 Impala into Charlotte so I wouldn't have to drive back to Conover.
              Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

I don't see that as a problem either. I run a YOM plate on my Studebaker and being my first time for Power Tour last year I was afraid I would have trouble because in North Carolina you can run a YOM plate, but must have the "real" plate in the car. The license plate number on the registration card is the "real" plate number not the YOM number. When I went to registration on day one the young lady that was helping me laughed a bit and said not to worry nobody pays attention to that kind of stuff.

Comment

I drove the 56 Bel Air last year on the whole tour with a out of date sticker! I finally realized it at my dad's house on the last day when I swapped cars to drive the 64 Impala into Charlotte so I wouldn't have to drive back to Conover.
                  Andy, When I went to put my 2020 sticker on my Z71 I never realized I forgot to put my 2019 sticker on it. I was still running around with April 2018, and that was on my daily.

You still have a week... if it were my car, i'd prefer a real plate. You just look out of place if your 800 miles from the state the paper tag was issued... obviously not uncommon, but maybe you'll get a little more scrutiny.
                  Last edited by Jesse James 80; June 3rd, 2019, 11:17 AM.
                  1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                  1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/2.80
                  1967 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015 & 2016 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Well seems like the Chase car is the Plan B, only doing the first day...
                    Robert

Comment

Working...
                    X