Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Single or Multi-Day package? Newbie question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single or Multi-Day package? Newbie question.

Going to be just hitting the first 2 stops, Charlotte and Martinsville, travelling with the group about halfway to Bristol, then riding home through the mountains. Travelling with my 4 year old co-pilot and no AC, and 8mpg single cab truck, so we aren't quite ready for the long haul yet, that may change in the next few years if we get the whole family going in the wife's 65 tbird.

Obviously it is cheaper to buy a couple single day passes vs the multi day. Looks like the only difference is the credentials and the goody bag.

What does the credential get you? We went last year, same thing, 2 stops, paid the multi day, didn't really understand what the credentials were for.

I think you're better off getting a couple of single day passes. IMO, the goody bag is not worth the extra money if you're only doing two stops.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
      I think you're better off getting a couple of single day passes. IMO, the goody bag is not worth the extra money if you're only doing two stops.
      I agree on the goody bag, based on last years, but what are the "credentials". Does this hold any special merit?

Comment

Credentials are your lanyard and badge.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

The only difference is you have to go through registration twice. That can be a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by GCncsuHD View Post

I agree on the goody bag, based on last years, but what are the "credentials". Does this hold any special merit?
            When long-hauling, you have to stamp your credentials at each day's venue in order to receive the long-hauler gift.
            Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
            Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

the credentials are more important if you goo all 7 stops - punching the credentials at each stop gets you a Long Hauler gift - usually a sign for the garage wall. Some of the vendors have gifts for Long Haulers but otherwise it's mostly stickers, posters, coozies and such. I do not know if you get a Power Tour license plate in the multi day bags or not.
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
              X