Weather next weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather next weekend

It is going to be wet on Friday & Saturday, just an FYI. Scatted T storms Sunday but a lesser chance.

That is the local weather as of this morning.

Those of us driving in from the west will run in that rain Wednesday and Thursday too......
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Sooo - what are you saying - 2 bottles of car wash soap for this year's tour?

Where is the closest quarter car wash to exit 33 in Mooresville?

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Lar's house is the coolest hands down! Oh you said closest!
        Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Of course! My part of central NC (Raleigh) hadn't had any rain in almost 2 weeks. It rained/hailed in the area on Friday and now we get a "Shower Tour" forecast for opening weekend. Grumble. Note to self; pack umbrella.
          Non-denominational car nut.
          Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
          Do you go all the way?

Comment

I guess I should have replaced the seal between the top and windshield....
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

My House.....

I will provide a hose and wash bucket.

Or Port City Car Wash
              409 E Plaza Dr, Mooresville, NC 28115.

All the other car washes are drive through.

Comment

oh, anyway.....I had a conversation with a beautiful young woman at the bar.....back in the day......way back in the day, when I was better looking, and had some hair.....anyway, I asked a question about astrology.......what sign were you born under?.....etc.....I said.....me, slippery when wet..........hah!.....I thought that was funny,
                Last edited by rexdogg; June 5, 2019, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Looks like I'd better pack my rain jacket and get out the Rain-X.

Comment

Yea, it's looking like crap. With my limited vacation, my 30x50 shop taking all my money in 6 weeks (wohoo!), I've decided to just ride up as a spectator Saturday. I'll still be at Lars party, can't miss that With all the predicted rain, I'll probably just bring up my silverado.

I hope it doesn't rain all day saturday, but it's not looking too good right now.

As noted above, the irony is that it hasn't rained at all in about 3 weeks now...
                    Last edited by Jesse James 80; June 4, 2019, 02:49 PM.
                    1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                    1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                    1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Ya'll stop all this talk about rain! Just be glad it's not snowing! I don't drive my truck in the snow anymore. The rain don't hurt it in fact it's good for it it keeps the under side washed.
                      Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

The Vets cruise night and the kick off party are rain or shine. I have the shop emptied out and also several large E-Z Up's.

Drive safely, looks like the rain may be heavy at times.

Forecast as of this afternoon:
                        SAT

JUN 8
                        Thunderstorms 72°65° 100% ENE 8 mph 94%
                        3 of 10 6:07 am 8:37 pm 11:29 am 12:42 am
                        Showers and thunderstorms. High 72F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 100%. 1 to 2 inches of rain expected.
                        SAT NIGHT

JUN 8
                        Thundershowers --65° 100% E 7 mph 98%
                        0 of 10 6:07 am 8:37 pm 11:29 am 12:42 am
                        Showers and thundershowers likely. Low near 65F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall may reach one inch.
                        Last edited by htrdharley; June 5, 2019, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Well, at least it won't be hot. May have to rethink shorts vs. long pants.

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                            Well, at least it won't be hot. May have to rethink shorts vs. long pants.
                            I don't wear shorts.

Comment

The bugs don't fly when it's raining.......Love Bugs may be the exception.
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                              X