Rain out in FT Wayne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain out in FT Wayne

Passed the QA1 truck leaving at 2:30 approximately. We were able to park about 50 ft from the Long Hauler punch table.

Nick

We arrived during the monsoon, but got punched in, magnets, and our FItech card annotated. What a mess. It will be interesting to see if or how they make amends for scuttling the show with so many cars still on the road.
    Last edited by oletrux4evr; June 15, 2019, 03:34 PM.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

The wind and rain was crazy.
      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
        Sounds like last year. I had to get off the road for a while. Almost zero visibility.

Comment

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
          That cross wind was rough. It felt like the old Studebaker was getting blown out of its lane much of the time.

Comment

Thursday was the day wind, rain and cold......the absolute worst day ever for PT but turned it around by a visit to the Cord / Auburn museum
            Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
            The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

I saw Lars drive up to the table to punch his card. I was the drowned rat with the inside-out umbrella.
              Non-denominational car nut.
              Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
              Do you go all the way?

Comment

We ended up riding OH-118 once it became clear that the weather was beyond wacky - just wanted to get off the route and have the road to myself a bit, for my own sanity/safety. I've never been blown around so much in a vehicle as I was that day. By the time we got to the venue, it'd already been rained out and most of the vendors had bailed. Felt bad for the food trucks that showed up for (basically) nothing.
                2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
                1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
                1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

Originally posted by Impala_Guy View Post
                  I saw Lars drive up to the table to punch his card. I was the drowned rat with the inside-out umbrella.
                  Yeah man, I was all about the drive through service at that point in time. Little did I know, a few cars followed me...

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                    Thursday was the day wind, rain and cold......the absolute worst day ever for PT but turned it around by a visit to the Cord / Auburn museum
                    That Museum was cool. Felt a bit rushed to go thru the whole museum and get off to Norwalk, plus I know my boys would really like the toy museum part, so we will be going back thru there on our upcoming east coast trip... Definitely felt very welcome there.
                    '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                    '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                    79 Trans Am project
                    ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Working...
                    X