Home Safe...Check-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Safe...Check-in

Home today at about 2pm... The Ol’Mopar Wagon ran great for its first Long Haul. 3104 miles start to finish for me. Almost more in one trip than the Wagon had been driven by previous owner in the 14 yrs he had it.
    Had an Awesome time reconnecting and spending time visiting with those I came across or followed around...Can hardly wait for the next one
    '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
    '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
    79 Trans Am project
    ’90 Chevy 454 SS

We had a great time too. This PT was among the best we've been on even with all the rain. Including about 11 hours of it coming home and two days of it going to concord........3760 miles, home today at 4:20.
    Next year!
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

We got home this afternoon but were short haulers only this year due to work. Short haul was just under 1,700 miles.
      Last edited by moparjim71; June 15, 2019, 05:45 PM.
      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

We got home around 4:00 this afternoon. 1849 miles for us on the Shower Tour this year. Was great to see all our friends again, and made some new ones too!!
        Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
        Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
          We got home around 4:00 this afternoon. 1849 miles for us on the Shower Tour this year. Was great to see all our friends again, and made some new ones too!!
          Was that miles for both the Elco and the shop truck? BTW, Thanks again for the Spring Water... lovin’ It
          Last edited by Redline04; June 15, 2019, 08:58 PM.
          79 Trans Am project
          ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Home safe Friday at 8:30pm. Stayed real late at Norwalk. The C10’s first big trip, just shy of 2000 miles, and no issues.
            2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
            1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
            1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

I made it home in 12 hours instead of the two days I expected- nice being home too.
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Anybody seen a 2020 Countdown thread around here?? hint-hint.......John, Phil, anybody?
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Redline04 View Post

Was that miles for both the Elco and the shop truck? BTW, Thanks again for the Spring Water... lovin’ It
                  Nope, I only drove the Elco the first two days.
                  Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                  Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                    Anybody seen a 2020 Countdown thread around here?? hint-hint.......John, Phil, anybody?
                    The Freaks had a long-standing tradition, that the first long hauler to get home, starts the new countdown with any info released on tour, so it looks like it's "Redline's" turn.

Comment

Dave and I got to my house yesterday about 5:45. Dave left this morning about 7am headed to LA. Great week, the 71 C 10 did fine no major issues at all just a few annoying things.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019 HRPT.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	293.1 KB
ID:	1245896
                      Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

We're home. 12:33pm today! We only did ~200 miles of Interstate between Nowalk OH and Macon GA! Took a little longer but we sure found some nice twisties Much better trip this year. Wagon was only up on jack stands once - Blairsville GA. Stopped for gas and lunch. Got back in the car and the speedo and overdirve did not work! Took about 1 1/2 hours to figure out what was wrong and repair it. Seems my extra spiffy Corvette 90* speedo cable adapter took a dump. Didn't feel like trying to fix it on the road so I just installed my old cable to drive the senders and we were back on the road.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3013.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	876.2 KB
ID:	1246079
                        Last edited by cstmwgn; June 18, 2019, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

The Freaks had a long-standing tradition, that the first long hauler to get home, starts the new countdown with any info released on tour, so it looks like it's "Redline's" turn.
                          Lemme see what I can come up with. Gotta dig out a calendar and see if I can predict next years start date... unless someone has already heard the date...
                          79 Trans Am project
                          ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

We got home about 7:30 on Friday night, Short drive home was great this year. Had a great Power Tour even with the rain. Thanks everyone for hanging out with us. Somewhere around 2000 miles. Coming home we knew we were gonna be close on gas, made it with no problem, Saturday morning went to pull the car from the garage and it wouldn't start. Was out of gas!
                            Donna
                            Williamston, MI
                            Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Got to the lake house this afternoon around 4, didn't feel like driving all the way in one day so I stopped about halfway. No time clock = no hurry.
                              Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Working...
                              X