Home Safe...Check-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redragtop View Post
    We got home about 7:30 on Friday night, Short drive home was great this year. Had a great Power Tour even with the rain. Thanks everyone for hanging out with us. Somewhere around 2000 miles. Coming home we knew we were gonna be close on gas, made it with no problem, Saturday morning went to pull the car from the garage and it wouldn't start. Was out of gas!
    Oops, called it too early ... sorry Donna. From the pics I've seen, you guys looked like you were having fun and the car looked great.

Comment

Got home Sunday afternoon about 3:30 CDT
      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Got in Friday night at 11:15. Did some work to the car on Saturday and went for a test run and broke 3rd gear on a full throttle upshift....might be a plan B for Cars & Cones.

Comment

Whatever you're driving, we'll see ya next week on Cars and Cones!!
          Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
          Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Rich and I ate dinner in Sandusky and went north to MI Friday night, stayed in Romulus Friday night and picked up his truck. Went to Holland, MI Saturday and did the tourist thing, went to the red light house, old windmill, walked the dunes and beach and went to New Holland brewery. I left there about 8AM, did pretty well going south until south of Indy.......flooding was happening and interstate was closed. I got the bright idea to take Hwy 31 south, as it's a major highway north and south. Let's just say I should have stopped and turned around. My car wasn't swept away (along with many others on that road) but it was truly a dangerous situation. In hindsight, I should have done something else but my car and I made it through. Then, I had forgotten Bonaroo is this same weekend in Manchester, TN every year..........but no traffic jams to deal with there either. Made it home about 9:30PM last night...............and tired at work today!

Comment

Late checking in here; got home (Raleigh) about 9:30 Saturday night. Promptly got up Sunday morning to drive to the eastern part of the state for mother's 75 birthday dinner. Home again about 11:30 Sunday night. She asked me what the best part of my tour was this year. I told her, same as last year, the people I get to see.
              Non-denominational car nut.
              Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
              Do you go all the way?

Comment

We got back to Denver about 3:30 6/17/19. 4500+ mile round trip.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop View Post
                  We got home about 7:30 on Friday night, Short drive home was great this year. Had a great Power Tour even with the rain. Thanks everyone for hanging out with us. Somewhere around 2000 miles. Coming home we knew we were gonna be close on gas, made it with no problem, Saturday morning went to pull the car from the garage and it wouldn't start. Was out of gas!
                  That's about as close as you can cut it
                  R n T 88MCSS LS2 6Spd (2013)
                  Long Hauler 2011,12,14,15,16,17,18, 21, 22
                  Real SH 2019

Comment

left early on Friday.....HR gave the LH signs out right away.....got back to NW Indiana about 5:30 despite tollway and interstate congestion......good to be back home.....next year. I will NOT go to a Taco Bell to get food a few days before the tour starts.....then watch as someone backs into the '69 camaro.....ugh!.....anyway, looking forward to next year, and maybe the Woodward cruise soon.......rexx!
                    Last edited by rexdogg; June 18, 2019, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 88MCSS LS2 6spd View Post

That's about as close as you can cut it
                      One of these days I'll get the gas gauge to work correctly.
                      I R Bob
                      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Got home Sunday around noon. The Studebaker did great. Only problem was over heating while waiting in line to get in at Sparta. Cured rather quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                          Wagon was only up on jack stands once.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3013.jpg Views:	1 Size:	876.2 KB ID:	1246079
                          This pic reminds me of a question I had for you. I'm sure you have posted the answer here somewhere on the forum, but can't remember reading about it. What wheel and tire combination are you running ?

Oh, and it appears as if a convict is under your wagon ...

Comment

17 X 8 - 4.0 BS - Bridgeston Potenza S4 - 235 / 45 x 17
                            15 X 14 - 6.5 BS - Hoosier ProStreet Radial - 31 / 16.5 x 15

Comment

Thanks, looks great.

Comment

got home last sunday about 1030 pm 7406 miles in 16 days

Comment

Working...
                                X