What's everyone doing after the tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's everyone doing after the tour?

We got to the beach house last night around 6pm. Going to enjoy the water & sand for at least a month I hope. Can't think of a better way to relax after the tour but to sit on a beach and drink Margarita's all day and play with golf carts!
    I think it's pretty close to this one.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq7QtTY-B8c
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Real woodie.jpg Views:	1 Size:	17.5 KB ID:	1246333
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Andy4639; June 20, 2019, 07:42 AM.
    Retirement is better than I thought!

Working, unfortunately. The next big car trip is Northeast Rod Run in October. The Lightning gets to come out and play for that one.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Work, band practice, tinkering with the 2020 HRPT ride, riding my bicycle...
      2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
      1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
      1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

thanks for the beers Adam and Mark -- you guys and Rexxdogg are in the hall of fame in my book
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Getting closer to my 30x50 shop build!!! Should break ground mid July.
          1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
          1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
          1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Work for a few days. Then going to GM Carlisle in PA and hit an auto-x there. After that take a week long Roadtrip Cars & Cones starting in MI and ending in Jasper IN.

Comment

Back to work but getting ready for camping with the grandkids and working on the project car.
              Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Fixing my junk & getting ready for Cars & Cones. And working making up for last week and next week.

Comment

Recuperating.
                  But also went by and checked on the Impala, told him I was coming to get it end of August. So we'll see.
                  Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                  If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                    thanks for the beers Adam and Mark -- you guys and Rexxdogg are in the hall of fame in my book
                    You're too kind and I was happy to bootleg Stroh's for you. Hanging out with you at Norwalk and catching up was one of the highlights of the week.

Wish I would have seen more of the HRPT 2018 folks - you all know who you are, and made us feel very welcome. Even over a year later, I can't thank you guys enough for that. I saw Perry and John briefly at Indy; Perry thought I wouldn't remember him, but c'mon, that's not possible! Also saw Victor and Terri in traffic - too far away to beep or yell or anything. That's how it goes, though - you see some a bunch and others not at all.

I hope you'll all come next year as it starts in my backyard.
                    2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
                    1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
                    1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

I worked on the woody some today.
                      I got the compass & temperature mirror installed and bolted the surfboard down, I washed it and will wax it good tomorrow.
                      I also rode the bike some to!

Click image for larger version  Name:	compass & temp gauge.jpg Views:	1 Size:	156.6 KB ID:	1246396
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Andy4639; June 20, 2019, 07:39 PM.
                      Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

So far; cleaned the Wagon, mowed grass, mowed more grass, took the Mrs to her Doc appts, took the Camper in today for some warranty repairs, and mowed more grass. Almost done mowing... until it rains again.
                        '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                        '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                        79 Trans Am project
                        ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Getting ready to leave on Saturday for Brighton, MI for start of Cars and Cones week-long tour!!
                          Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                          Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
                            You're too kind and I was happy to bootleg Stroh's for you. Hanging out with you at Norwalk and catching up was one of the highlights of the week.

Wish I would have seen more of the HRPT 2018 folks - you all know who you are, and made us feel very welcome. Even over a year later, I can't thank you guys enough for that. I saw Perry and John briefly at Indy; Perry thought I wouldn't remember him, but c'mon, that's not possible! Also saw Victor and Terri in traffic - too far away to beep or yell or anything. That's how it goes, though - you see some a bunch and others not at all.

I hope you'll all come next year as it starts in my backyard.
                            Sorry we didn't get to see you this year! Was looking forward to drinking you under the table again!! Maybe next year!
                            Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                            Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Washing clothes, cleaning house and start this weekend to cleanup the shop and then start prepping for Crus'in the Coast
                              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Working...
                              X