PowerTour 2020 start date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PowerTour 2020 start date

I wanted to create a separate thread as to not derail the countdown thread that John started.
    It seems to me that they changed the start dates in 2016 from the first Saturday to the second Saturday. I have gone back and looked at the history of Power Tour that Steve put together last year to confirm that there was a change in 2016.

Sooo, is the start date going to be 6/6 or 6/13. I am thinking that it might just be the 13th.

What say you?

I'm thinking you might be on to something. They did make the change for what ever reason who knows. With 2016 starting on the 11, the 13th is not a stretch. It'd be nice to have some insight as to why they moved it. I guess we could have a mini countdown from the 6th to the 13th.
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

nah......the 6th looks like it's the way to go......now, starting?.......Norwalk?......anyone have any scoop (before hotel prices go through the roof)

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
        ... (before hotel prices go through the roof)
        Might be a little late for that. I was pricing rooms yesterday and they seemed to be $250 and up!
        Last edited by cstmwgn; June 24, 2019, 12:33 PM.

Comment

I wasn't able to make it this year, did they give any hints? Like the last couple years I went Pilot would say something like "the winner of the free transportation will have their ride taken to and from next years PT which will start right here..." So you knew for sure where it was going to start.

Also, soooooooooooo many people thought the 25th was going to be the end of it, was it clear it's happening next year? I would assume yes because I haven't seen any freak out posts on the facebook group page...
          Last edited by Jesse James 80; June 24, 2019, 01:59 PM.
          1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
          1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
          1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
            Might be a little late for that. I was pricing rooms yesterday and they seemed to be $250 and up!
            Ouch... might have to take up camping next year! aka sleeping bag in the back of the Wagon ⛺️
            '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
            '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
            79 Trans Am project
            ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

We stayed in Sandusky a few years ago and it wasn't cheap then. This may be one of the times to drive down the road a few towns until the rates get better.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

In the past, we just ran the countdown with our best guess, until the official word was released and then we adjusted the countdown at that time.

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one who was questioning the start date. I could see the 6th or the 13th, equally.

With as good as this year's Tour was, I would be shocked if they didn't keep it going. Then again, 25 is a nice number to end on. Idunno. Hope they continue with tradition and start it in Norwalk next year.
                  2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
                  1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
                  1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

Originally posted by smalblock View Post
                    We stayed in Sandusky a few years ago and it wasn't cheap then. This may be one of the times to drive down the road a few towns until the rates get better.
                    I originally had a room in Sandusky.....the price was out of sight.....wound up to cancel, thankfully, HR gave out the LH signs early, so I could get back on the road.....now, for 2020,,,,will they start in Norwalk, and when?....
                    Last edited by rexdogg; June 25, 2019, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Found some good rates up around the lake, basically a 30 min drive from Summit. Most everything south is already full or almost full. Anyone hear a Long Haulers headcount
                      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

I stayed in a Quality Inn in Milan/Sandusky Friday night before heading home Saturday morning. It was an $80 room for $150.00 -
                        Last edited by 70chevyC-10; June 25, 2019, 09:37 AM.
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

HIE already has all of the Norwalk, Indiana rooms blocked from June 10-30, 2020. Maybe the host hotel?
                          ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

One thing that the later date for a start does is to allow families to participate without interfering with school for the kids. I know that school used to be closed for the summer by June 1, but all of my grandchildren were still in school on June 1st this year due to snow, hurricanes, etc. I give Power Tour a big plus after seeing the number families with kids participating.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse James 80 View Post
                              I wasn't able to make it this year, did they give any hints? Like the last couple years I went Pilot would say something like "the winner of the free transportation will have their ride taken to and from next years PT which will start right here..." So you knew for sure where it was going to start.

Also, soooooooooooo many people thought the 25th was going to be the end of it, was it clear it's happening next year? I would assume yes because I haven't seen any freak out posts on the facebook group page...
                              Yes, Power Tour will happen at least the next 4 years from what I am told.

Comment

Working...
                              X