PowerTour 2020 start date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
    Might be a little late for that. I was pricing rooms yesterday and they seemed to be $250 and up!
    was looking at rooms in and around Norwalk for next year......Sandusky, Fremont, Ashland....etc.....for the 6th and the 13th.......rooms seem to be filling up.....is PT going to start in Norwalk, next year?.....

Comment

the later start date works out nice as there are a lot of things going on at the beginning of june. i missed pt this year because i wanted to do ford carlisle. i haven't been able to do it in the past because pt start the same dates. turns out i could have done both this year (but hadn't plan for it in the budget). i was under the impression it would be a permanent change.
      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

I booked the weekend of the 6th at the HIE in Sandusky just in case. Too early to reserve the weekend of the 13th though.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Sandusky, Ohio, Ed? Didn't make it this year so I do not know where everyone was. They are showing $216.41 per night on the military rate.
          ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

$200+ for an average hotel room is ridiculous, but the rules of greed and supply & demand are difficult hurdles to surmount.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
              $200+ for an average hotel room is ridiculous, but the rules of greed and supply & demand are difficult hurdles to surmount.
              Add another $100 without the military / government discount and it gets beyond ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
                Sandusky, Ohio, Ed? Didn't make it this year so I do not know where everyone was. They are showing $216.41 per night on the military rate.
                I beat the rush for the first weekend, and when I checked for the second weekend it was up considerably. I move a little further out to North Fremont and found a good rate.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

have something in North Fremont......not sure if PT is starting on the 6th or the 13th.......

Comment

i booked th-sun at north fremont both weekends for $143 a nite + TT&L for the 3 nites is about $490
                    Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

I went north about 30 minutes to Noth Sandusky, got both weekends booked.
                      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Would have loved to known ahead of time they were handing out signs at noon Friday. We purposely took our time at the museum Friday morning knowing we would be at the venue until 5pm or later for the sign debacle based on last year. Ended up cancelling our original hotel and getting on the road towards home and stopped at a HIE 2 hrs. south.

Was it just me or did Norwalk seem like it was at full capacity? Was the extra lot full on the other side (not vendor/main side) of the track? We didn't stay long.

Oh, I say the 6th looks good for a start date. I have zero control or knowledge on the actual date though.
                        GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

All,
                          I stumbled on this this week while looking for something else on the web.
                          There is a Summit sponsored Midwest Drags that starts at Norwalk on Monday June 1st and ends on the 6th. Looks like this is a Drag Week type event with racing at one venue then driving to the next.
                          So, if Power Tour starts at Norwalk I would bet it starts on 13 June. I hope they don't it start the last weekend in May.
                          Wes

Comment

June 13 is getting kinda late.....maybe a different start point is the plan.
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Originally posted by WesB View Post
                              There is a Summit sponsored Midwest Drags that starts at Norwalk on Monday June 1st and ends on the 6th. Looks like this is a Drag Week type event with racing at one venue then driving to the next.
                              https://summitmidwestdrags.com/sched...2Dreliability.

Yeah, definitely looks like either Norwalk is out, or a different date is in...

2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
                              1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
                              1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                                June 13 is getting kinda late.....maybe a different start point is the plan.
                                I agree. If the current pattern holds it should be June 6th. History of recent years:

June 5, 2004
                                June 4, 2005
                                June 3, 2006
                                June 2, 2007
                                June 7, 2008
                                June 6, 2009
                                June 5, 2010
                                June 4, 2011
                                June 2, 2012
                                June 1, 2013
                                June 7, 2014
                                June 6, 2015
                                June 11, 2016
                                June 10, 2017
                                June 9, 2018
                                June 8, 2019
                                Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                                74 Nova Project
                                66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                                79 Chevy Truck Project
                                1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Working...
                                X