PowerTour 2020 start date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post

I agree. If the current pattern holds it should be June 6th. History of recent years:

June 5, 2004
    June 4, 2005
    June 3, 2006
    June 2, 2007
    June 7, 2008
    June 6, 2009
    June 5, 2010
    June 4, 2011
    June 2, 2012
    June 1, 2013
    June 7, 2014
    June 6, 2015
    June 11, 2016
    June 10, 2017
    June 9, 2018
    June 8, 2019
    Or the pattern might indicate a shift to the 2nd Saturday starting in 2016.

Comment

Some of that might explain why the June 6th weekend reservations went $$ up so quickly. I haven’t booked anything yet, so I guess I’ll wait a little longer. I have to work until 2pm on the 5th anyway, which is the Last day of the school year, so a week later would make the traveling a little more relaxed.
      '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
      '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
      79 Trans Am project
      ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Originally posted by Redline04 View Post
        Some of that might explain why the June 6th weekend reservations went $$ up so quickly. I haven’t booked anything yet, so I guess I’ll wait a little longer. I have to work until 2pm on the 5th anyway, which is the Last day of the school year, so a week later would make the traveling a little more relaxed.
        John

I believe that is why they changed it. I use to have to pick my kid up at school on the last day (1/2 day) and head north directly from school.

Comment

I think we have reservations for both weekends but I'm not sure. Hopefully it will start in Norwalk since it's only 1.5 hours from the house.
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Since I have to pick my vacation days NOW, I reached out to [email protected] - here is a screenshot of my exchange:

Doesn't really clarify either way, so it's less than helpful, but maybe someone could read into it and agree that June 5th is the date...
            Last edited by a_d_a_m; October 24, 2019, 11:01 AM.
            2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
            1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
            1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Or the pattern might indicate a shift to the 2nd Saturday starting in 2016.
              Very possible. I knew there was another theory based on the "patterns" but couldn't put my finger on it when I posted earlier.
              Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
              74 Nova Project
              66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
              79 Chevy Truck Project
              1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Power Tour is listed as June 7th on the Summit Schedule

2020 Summit Motorsports Park Schedule to Spotlight the Spectacular
                Extra elements will ensure that 2020 is even bigger, better and more breathtaking than 2019.

There was everything from rip-roaring action to record attendance all year long at Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio, and extra elements will ensure that 2020 is even bigger, better and more breathtaking.

Drivers will dive in for the 39th Annual Spring Warm-Up, April 11, and then the 14th Annual Cavalcade of Stars presented by Budweiser, one of the largest NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series events in the country, May 15-17.

Cruise-ins and fun-runs will be part of the 6th Annual Super Summit, June 5-6, and the 26th Annual Hot Rod Power Tour will get in gear with its first of seven stops on June 7. The PDRA (Professional Drag Racers Association) begins what is sure to be a riveting run at America’s Racetrack, June 11-13, and Top Fuel Dragsters, Funny Cars and other furiously fast cars will take over for the 14th Annual Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals, June 25-28.

Comment

Interesting as Sunday should be the first day of driving. Room prices in the Norwalk area have skyrocketed and some seem to be blocked.
                  Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by eflow73 View Post
                    Power Tour is listed as June 7th on the Summit Schedule

2020 Summit Motorsports Park Schedule to Spotlight the Spectacular
                    Extra elements will ensure that 2020 is even bigger, better and more breathtaking than 2019.

There was everything from rip-roaring action to record attendance all year long at Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio, and extra elements will ensure that 2020 is even bigger, better and more breathtaking.

Drivers will dive in for the 39th Annual Spring Warm-Up, April 11, and then the 14th Annual Cavalcade of Stars presented by Budweiser, one of the largest NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series events in the country, May 15-17.

Cruise-ins and fun-runs will be part of the 6th Annual Super Summit, June 5-6, and the 26th Annual Hot Rod Power Tour will get in gear with its first of seven stops on June 7. The PDRA (Professional Drag Racers Association) begins what is sure to be a riveting run at America’s Racetrack, June 11-13, and Top Fuel Dragsters, Funny Cars and other furiously fast cars will take over for the 14th Annual Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals, June 25-28.
                    I’m on my phone so can’t look this up...do you have a link for this?
                    2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
                    1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
                    1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

Maybe HR is changing the start date to Sunday (first travel day Monday) and then ending on Saturday instead of Friday??
                      '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                      '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                      79 Trans Am project
                      ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Link attached

Comment

reading this it does show June 7th - Sunday - as first day -

I

Phil / Omaha

Comment

Donna called Norwalk today to confirm the date but their offices were closed.
                            I R Bob
                            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                              reading this it does show June 7th - Sunday - as first day -

I
                              Friday and Saturday may be at a different location?? and Norwalk may be day two.
                              Last edited by smalblock; October 25, 2019, 10:30 AM.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by smalblock View Post

Friday and Saturday may be at a different location?? and Norwalk may be day two.
                                That sounds very reasonable to me.........maybe starting in Detroit......
                                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                                X