No announcement yet.

What's your 2020 ride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drove out to the shop that is doing the body & paint on my '70 Nova SS to deliver the NOS front bumper today. I like the job that they did so well that I may try to get it done to make the tour next year. I bought the car complete in 1989 & it has been put away until a couple of years ago when I thought that I would make it an original patina type tour car but discovered that I could not stand putting a bunch of new parts onto a car that looked that bad. This is the shop that had previously put the quarters on my '57 & later put a complete trunk floor in the '67 Malibu that was our tour car for years. All of that 15+ years ago. So here is what is done so far; NOS quarters, fenders & doors metal patched & boy do you find a bunch of hidden things when you put a car on a rotisserie & completely strip it. I left them alone to do it & spent most of my time trying to find parts that I had put away for it over the years. And I had purchased a bunch of NOS parts for the car over the years. A couple that I knew that I had I never did find. But now that I have spent time running down & buying the same thing somewhere else, I'm sure that I will find them. After we got home we discovered that in going over it with a fine tooth comb, we had only managed to take one picture. Here it is;

Click image for larger version

Name:	1970 Nova Paint.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	304.4 KB
ID:	1256084
    ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

When I was a kid, I thought for sure that by 2020 we'd have flying cars, a la George Jetson. I'm hoping the quad-copter development will go a long way toward those ends.

Comment

We are taking the 77 on the long haul this year. Super excited because we have missed the last couple of tours. Looking forward to seeing everyone in June.
        Tony and Angie
        1968 Camaro RS/SS, 2013 Camaro HWSE
        1977 Trans Am, 1998 Trans Am WS6
        HRPT 2010,2011,2012,2013,2015

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
          Drove out to the shop that is doing the body & paint on my '70 Nova SS to deliver the NOS front bumper today. I like the job that they did so well that I may try to get it done to make the tour next year. I bought the car complete in 1989 & it has been put away until a couple of years ago when I thought that I would make it an original patina type tour car but discovered that I could not stand putting a bunch of new parts onto a car that looked that bad. This is the shop that had previously put the quarters on my '57 & later put a complete trunk floor in the '67 Malibu that was our tour car for years. All of that 15+ years ago. So here is what is done so far; NOS quarters, fenders & doors metal patched & boy do you find a bunch of hidden things when you put a car on a rotisserie & completely strip it. I left them alone to do it & spent most of my time trying to find parts that I had put away for it over the years. And I had purchased a bunch of NOS parts for the car over the years. A couple that I knew that I had I never did find. But now that I have spent time running down & buying the same thing somewhere else, I'm sure that I will find them. After we got home we discovered that in going over it with a fine tooth comb, we had only managed to take one picture. Here it is;

Click image for larger version

Name:	1970 Nova Paint.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	304.4 KB
ID:	1256084
          That's almost the same color as my 68.
          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post

That's almost the same color as my 68.
            It was an original #28 code, Fathom Blue car. Since it was completely stripped, including the door jams, firewall, trunk & bottom, I considered changing colors. I went from Tuxedo Black to Cortez Silver to Butternut Yellow & even the Forrest Green that my '69 big block Nova had been. Then I started noticing some of the new blues out there that were closer to the original. Even considered a new Ford color but it turned out to be a tri-coat & about twice the cost of spraying any of the others. This is Kinetic Blue Metallic. A 2019/20 Chevy color that we saw on a new Colorado pickup. Very close to the original Fathom Blue but it has a bit of pearl & the metallic which gives it more pop than the Fathom has.
            ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Walked past the wagon, which has been sitting around doing nothing for the past three weeks, and noticed a very faint gasoline smell...crawled under it and whaddya know, the tank is leaking! Fun! So I'll have to tackle that before I wrap it up for the winter. Come springtime, I'll have some small projects to deal with (or just leave them be and fix them during the trip)
              2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
              1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
              1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
                ...or just leave them be and fix them during the trip ...
                That would give you something to do on tour. You could run with Keith and have double the fun!

Comment

I'm very excited about running the Hot Rod Power Tour next June. These are all great cars so far. I also seen that there are 4 others from Wisconsin going,
                  Planning on getting to Norwalk, Ohio Saturday late afternoon. And taking the long way to Miss all but the bottom of Chicago. I-39 to Ottawa, Illinois, then I-80 over.
                  For me Google says its 560 miles, So I will be "Blasting Off" First Daylight Saturday Morning. Any others want to run in a pack, let me know, or even meet on the Indiana Turnpike Burns Harbor gate.
                  I'm going to run the "Indy Racer" (Titled as a 1906 Mitchell Roadster). Its a open cockpit car. Pray for good weather, this year Sucked Here, Rained 5 days out of a week.

Sorry, I will post a pix later of the car, all the pix on my laptop are to large in data to send. OR look in the Unoffical Power Tour Board posts.

Comment

See if this works, sent pix to my phone, send to here......

Comment

straight 8?
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

We’ll be going through Wisconsin with a friend from Green Bay and picking up more friends along the way in Rockford. We’ll see how the timing works out to cruise out together.
                        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

1st,
                          Silver Bullet, It's a Ford Truck 300 cu in six, with a Cliffords Intake System, with Twin Weber 38's, a Upgraded Cardone Dual Advance Distributor (Anyone who wants to build a Ford inline Six, the original "Load A Matic" Distributor is MATCHED to the Autolite Single bbl carb as it has NO Centrifical Advance) and a Judson Brothers Mag.

Comment

2nd, Moparjim71,
                            Sure, we can Zero In as it comes closer. I also have some"Tentative" friends who say their coming. But you know how that goes, they'll Bail at the Last minute and I will already have a OVERPRICED room in Norwak,Ohio for Saturday Night.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
                              1st,
                              Silver Bullet, It's a Ford Truck 300 cu in six, with a Cliffords Intake System, with Twin Weber 38's, a Upgraded Cardone Dual Advance Distributor (Anyone who wants to build a Ford inline Six, the original "Load A Matic" Distributor is MATCHED to the Autolite Single bbl carb as it has NO Centrifical Advance) and a Judson Brothers Mag.
                              Sorry, Looking at it on my phone, it was difficult to make out how many plug wires there were...
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
                                Walked past the wagon, which has been sitting around doing nothing for the past three weeks, and noticed a very faint gasoline smell...crawled under it and whaddya know, the tank is leaking!
                                She's fixed. Having a friend with a lift helps.

2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
                                1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
                                1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

Working...
                                X