Fall Colors Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Colors Tour

Hey all! Vic and I have been discussing having a fall tour this year, probably around mid-October. We would love to have a bunch of you guys join us! There are a bunch of neat roads to drive near us (less than 2 hours away) that we have never driven. One of them is called Back of the Dragon, There are 483 curves in 32 miles. Is supposed to be a beautiful drive through the mountains of southwest Virginia. They even have a service that offers complete packages for groups, including reservations, t-shirts, motel discounts, etc. I'm not sure how many people we would have to have to take advantage of that, but I can find out. I would be glad to coordinate everything if you guys would want me to. You can get more info about the area and the drive by googling "Appalachianbackroads.com" and it gives you a list of the drives in the area. There are several things to do in the area as well as drive, so sounds like it could be a really fun weekend!! Tentative dates: Oct. 12-14 or 19-21, depending on what would work best for everyone. Reply and let us know if you're interested and which weekend would work best for you. We need to get together again! Looking forward to hearing from you guys!!
    Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
    Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Love the idea, unfortunately I’ve blown this years budget and spent half of next yr already... Someday we Will join you for a Fancy Gap color tour!
    '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
    '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
    79 Trans Am project
    ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Possible, we have Cruising the Coast the first week of October, the only thing is John might be having surgery to correct some spine issues but if that doesn't work out you know me " where's the gas station ".
      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Date is flexible. Would last weekend of Oct work better for everybody?
        Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Crickets.......................................... .................................................. .............................

Comment

So do we assume no one is interested and do this by ourselves??!!

Comment

Still not sure about John's surgery but I'll be keeping up
              Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Hey You all I would love to hit those road in southern VA I was just looking that Back of the Dragon up the other day. But I have one more trip planned this year and then i'm out of Vacation Time at work.... Damn I hate when that happens... But I will be heading to Cruising the Smokies autocross in TN at Smokies Stadium on Sept. 26-28 if anyone want to meet Karen and I down there. There is an Auto Feast going on there to which isn't a bad car show. but the area is nice and it just a cool place to hang out a few days. if anyone wants to.

I will try to plan better next year. By not doing both the Power Tour and Cars and Cones.

Comment

last weekend would be halloween. would love to come since i haven't been to any of these lately, but also, used up the budget. did 4 big trips this year already: grand national in LA in jan, mustang 55th in charlotte in april, ford carlisle in penn in june, and NSRA louisville in aug. however, if you can drum up any intrest, i could find away to come.
                  Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

I've been busy working on the 68. I'm hoping to have it driving by spring. I was thinking about a spring tour. Maybe start down my way and end up ya'll way. Maybe have half and half meet someplace in between. Ya'll head south and we head north meet in a central spot and hang out for the day and night.
                    Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Here's a pic of the NERR 2019 fall colors tour. Yep, that's me and Donna in the truck.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NERR.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	295.9 KB
ID:	1253700
                      I R Bob
                      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Looks like fun! Aren’t the colors even better in Michigan?
                        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
                          Looks like fun! Aren’t the colors even better in Michigan?
                          Not sure Jim. We haven't been up there since they started turning. We're going up this weekend to take the Cutlass and Model A back for storage.
                          I R Bob
                          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Well, maybe we can do a spring tour. Seems everybody is out of $$$ and vacation time plus is already getting pretty cold up here. We are under a frost advisory for tonight. Winter Sucks!!! Any ideas for a trip in the spring?

Comment

Sure - how about Key West?

Comment

Working...
                              X