No announcement yet.

New Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good Jesse! I hadn't seen you on our F/B page much. I figured you been busy with the shop.
    I see you got that tractor in the pictures as well plus the C 10!

Last edited by Andy4639; October 8, 2019, 09:00 PM.
    Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Oh one other thing, the attic space, i had that built into my trusses with stairs on the outside to access it, love it, great storage area.
      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Looks great .. will definitely keep you out of other trouble.

Comment

Good job there Jesse, you'll get a lot use out it just don't start to store thing in it that aren't car related.
          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
            Good job there Jesse, you'll get a lot use out it just don't start to store thing in it that aren't car related.
            There will probably be some Christmas decorations, but it will mostly be car parts, Jena and I are pretty good at letting go of stuff we don't use anymore instead of stock-piling it. I'd like the "shop" part downstairs to remain clutter-ish free, hence the larger storage area upstairs.

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
            Oh one other thing, the attic space, i had that built into my trusses with stairs on the outside to access it, love it, great storage area.
            I thought about the outside stair case, we even looked at a house years ago that had a garage built with one, but I didn't want the maintenance (paint/stain whatever) so I'm adding an internal staircase I'll enclose that will double as a "quiet room" for the compressor. I figured a 13' ceiling sounded like no fun to use one of those fold down stairs, if they even made them that long.

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
            Looks like a great shop and you’re doing a great job!
            Thank you

Originally posted by Monster View Post
            Looks great .. will definitely keep you out of other trouble.
            That's the plan! I have a 68 firebird that needs to become road worthy!

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
            Good for you. I know from experience you will never regret building it, especially when you stand under a vehicle to change the oil and filter.
            I'm super excited about the lift. Like everyone says, I wish I could have gone even bigger, but money and land limited me. On the left side of my house I have a 50' electric line easement that cuts through my property so I can't build anything at all to the left of my house, or really the rear (cuts diagonally). This was the only spot I could put it. It was supposed to be 30x50 but once we started to cut the hill out we were getting a little to close to my neighbors and I didn't want to build a retaining wall, so we changed it to 28x52.

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post
            Looks good Jesse! I hadn't seen you on our F/B page much. I figured you been busy with the shop.
            I see you got that tractor in the pictures as well plus the C 10!
            Yes, this has kept me stupid busy. With my work hours, until I get to the interior, I only have weekend days to work on it, so it's been almost non-stop since early July. I did take a couple weekend break at the end of September and took Jena to Destin FL for 10 days. That was fantastic. I spent this past weekend cleaning up months of yard neglect, so I hope to get back at it this weekend.

I did pick up a 1954 Jubilee, love that little turd.
            Last edited by Jesse James 80; October 9, 2019, 11:36 AM.
            1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
            1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
            1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Very Nice!
              Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
              74 Nova Project
              66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
              79 Chevy Truck Project
              1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse James 80 View Post

I did pick up a 1954 Jubilee, love that little turd.
                Very cool! I've got a 1946 2N that I've got to get running. I just picked up a 12V conversion for it so we'll see how that goes. Nice shop BTW.
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

It's a ton work trying to knock one of these things out by yourself.

Exterior wall sheeting is all up. All windows are installed. I got the exterior wrapped. The upstairs floor is down as well as the catwalk flooring I've been using to install all of the roof bracing, etc. Almost all the blocking is done. The back gable wall is complete. The front will be open until the roof is done and I need to bring some materials in for the upstairs still. And finally, mostly thanks to the absolutely insane amount of rain we've received, especially over the weekends, I got a substantial amount of sheeting up on the roof.

I've also decided the roof is way too damn steep (and large) for me to shingle in a reasonable amount of time, so once I have it all sheeted a roofer will finish it. Then I can finally call for my electric to be installed. After that, put up the insulation and ceiling and have the doors installed. Maybe, just maybe, it will be fully enclosed by May?

Once the days start getting longer and I get some lights inside, I can start working after work on doing the insulation, sheetrock, etc. That should help speed things along.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Jesse James 80; February 18, 2020, 09:58 AM.

Comment

I was also sick for a few weeks with a stupid sinus infection. I would get better for a few days, then it would knock me out again for a day or two. Because of that I missed 3 days of work over two weeks. On one of the better days I got the yard cleaned up, got all of the siding materials inside (I've already purchased everything to complete the exterior, all siding, soffit, shingles, etc.) and I moved my two toys inside to finally get them out of the weather.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looking good!
                      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Thanks guys! Yes, I can't wait for the lift!!! I've now lowered half of my vehicles, so they're even more of a PIA to get under now, even with ramps.

I'm also switching my C10 to Hagerty soon. It won't save me a ton over state farm, but it will finally be insured for what it's really worth.

Almost forgot my 500 sf of storage room! 10x52, but will lose a little at the end for the stairwell.
                        Attached Files

Comment

For your ceiling use white roofing metal. It makes the shop a lot lighter .

Comment

Excellent!
                            I built my shop, 32 x 88 (half is unheated vehicle storage) with help from family and friends, for the biggest parts, concrete floor, trusses, steel roof, and did the rest myself, plumbing, electrical, and the hydroponic heated floor. Took 2 years
                            You are going to enjoy it!!
                            and still over the past 16 years, I too sit, have a beer, and look at it,....."Yes it was worth every hour of hard work to have my own HAPPY PLACE !!"

Comment

Very, very nice.
                              I R Bob
                              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Great build. Looking forward to keeping an eye on your progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X