Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drivers license requirements for Non US of A .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers license requirements for Non US of A .

Hello.
    What is required to drive on public roads for those that are not US of A citizens ,when on vacation in the USofA?
    or where to look for that information.
    We will be coming from Brazil to drive the tour ,hopefully if all goes well.
    Thanks for any information or links to where to look.

Originally posted by Eric View Post
    Hello.
    What is required to drive on public roads for those that are not US of A citizens ,when on vacation in the USofA?
    or where to look for that information.
    We will be coming from Brazil to drive the tour ,hopefully if all goes well.
    Thanks for any information or links to where to look.
    I can't answer your question with absolute confidence but when we go to Mexico - they require Mexican insurance but have no problem with US license and registration. I would suspect the same to be true for those coming here from other countries. We see a lot of Canadian license plates down here in the winter so I would assume as long as your car has the minimum required safety equipment you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
      I can't answer your question with absolute confidence but when we go to Mexico - they require Mexican insurance but have no problem with US license and registration. I would suspect the same to be true for those coming here from other countries. We see a lot of Canadian license plates down here in the winter so I would assume as long as your car has the minimum required safety equipment you should be fine.
      Vehicle is in US 0f A. and will be tagged and insured and owned by a US citizen until after the tour.
      But most of those driving will not be US citizens.
      Last edited by Eric; October 16, 2019, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Try this link.
        Learn about International Driving Permits (IDPs) and how to get one before you visit the U.S. Some states also require a driving permit from your country.
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
          Thank you,
          I'll read that asap
          Last edited by Eric; October 23, 2019, 01:30 AM.

Comment

you might want to contact the insurance company as well

Comment

Hi Eric

I work with a Brazilian guy who has been here in the USA 2-3 years. He told me as a visitor you can drive for up to 6 months with a Brazilian license in the USA.

Comment

Working...
              X