Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
    I have all my hotels booked.
    $610.48 for the entire week. Didn't think it was too bad...and none of my hotels are 'stabby' if you catch my drift.
    LOL
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I'm all booked in. There's a fly in the ointment in Madison as there's an Ironman Marathon and a FFA convention that same weekend. Also, Anthony Travel (remember them?) have blocked off a couple different hotels in that town. After last year's controversy I won't let AT book a dog kennel for me.
      Non-denominational car nut.
      Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
      Do you go all the way?

Comment

Originally posted by Impala_Guy View Post
        After last year's controversy I won't let AT book a dog kennel for me.
        For sh*ts and giggles, I went on the AT website - most of the hotels they list are already sold out, anyway!

I was lazy and did all mine through hotels.com this year. Had everything booked in under 20 minutes.

2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
        1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
        1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post

Doing C&C in 2020?
          Yes we will be there .

Comment

Here's where I show up on this forum for hotel info and a couple other threads until Power tour is over and then disappear for 3-4 years until next time we do power tour.

If there's gonna be a hotel choke point, the last day is the best place for it IMO. We can be down the road on our way home and stay anywhere.

Is anyone making a hotel list this year? Love to be in on it if so.

Comment

Originally posted by djinva View Post
              I am pretty disappointed. We have been to all of those venues some several times. I was hoping to go somewhere new.
              me too - Again! same cornfields and venues only one the Indy stop appeals to me I guess I'm done with HRPT started in 99
              Rich -DFW area 1999 2000 HRPT Participent 2001 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2012 2013 2014 2015 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

For us, they only thing that really matters is the route. I go on PT to drive my car and socialize in the parking lots at night. Not being a farmer, I don't really care if it is soy beans or corn or ??? unless I happen to end up in the middle of the field.

Comment

Routes are determined by the places willing to pay money to get it to them. I hope every year for something new and exciting but realize it’s probably never gonna happen because no ones paying for it to go there.

Comment

Originally posted by Impala_Guy View Post
                    I'm all booked in. There's a fly in the ointment in Madison as there's an Ironman Marathon and a FFA convention that same weekend. Also, Anthony Travel (remember them?) have blocked off a couple different hotels in that town. After last year's controversy I won't let AT book a dog kennel for me.
                    that must be why some of the Madison hotels close to the Alliant Center are either sold out or are pricey......

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                      For us, they only thing that really matters is the route. I go on PT to drive my car and socialize in the parking lots at night. Not being a farmer, I don't really care if it is soy beans or corn or ??? unless I happen to end up in the middle of the field.
                      I recall being routed to a dirt road and cornfield near Champaign a few years back...
                      '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                      '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                      79 Trans Am project
                      ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

I wasn’t aware stop list was out, but Thanks to a text from 88MCSS for the heads up... rooms booked except for Gateway. Not sure if the route will go up east side or West side of the might Mississippi... so holding off on that one. Booked everything thru one call to Choice hotels, mostly Comfort suites, or Quality suites.
                        Yes, route venues are familiar, but I only see my BS family once a year, so,,, hi ho - hi ho, along the route I go
                        Last edited by Redline04; October 30, 2019, 02:14 PM.
                        '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                        '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                        79 Trans Am project
                        ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

We go for the people, cars, and the drive too. Not much interest in the venues. Some hotels in Norwalk are blocked off too.
                          Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

boB and Ed PM's sent
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Been there, done that. Still goin' mostly because of you folks! We're booked.
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

We’re booked too.
                                Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Working...
                                X