2020 Power Tour Dates and Venues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hornetdan View Post
    So does that mean that if there is a Long Hauler ceremony, it will take place on Sunday morning?
    They stopped doing that.

Comment

Last year they got it right, finally. When LongHaulers checked in on the last day, they had their gifts ready so they could hit the road for home.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse James 80 View Post

That's actually not a bad idea at all as long as you're willing to go 30-40 minutes down the road each day.

My wife and I did this when we drove the entire PCH from San Diego to Seattle. I knew some of the drive was crazy winding roads that could be 30-35 mph, and packed with traffic, so we had no idea where we would end up each day. We had 10 days. The first 6 were spent between San Diego and San Francisco, and the last 4 were just driving along the coast and through the redwoods in Nor Cal. Each day around 4/5 PM we figured out where we could make it to and booked a hotel. I think we actually saved a lot of $ that way and didn't have the stress of having to be at a certain place.

Probably my favorite vacation I've ever done. We rented a 2015 Mustang Convertible and it had like 180 miles on it when we got it.
        Sounds like an awesome trip! One I would like to make some day, before Cali falls into the ocean! Also have to finish Route 66.
        Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
        Gregg and Deb Miller
        Verona, Wi.

Comment

Any word if you'll be able to make laps at INDY.
          Will Roger go for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
            Any word if you'll be able to make laps at INDY.
            Will Roger go for that.
            Last time we were there, you did a lap to exit the venue.
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I think Coker Tire picked up the tab for free laps at Indy last time -- pretty nice of them. And I won a $500.00 gift certificate from them that day also.
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Hi Phil me and Nancy are stii alive. We we been doing a lot of local crusin.. And c rusin the coast.. damn we are waiting on a GOOD route again.. really miss bullshiting it parking lots. Tell everyone we said hi

Comment

Originally posted by dana5 View Post
                  Hi Phil me and Nancy are stii alive. We we been doing a lot of local crusin.. And c rusin the coast.. damn we are waiting on a GOOD route again.. really miss bullshiting it parking lots. Tell everyone we said hi
                  Hey Dana from Grove Hill up the road a piece, things in the past never worked out being able to come down and cruise ( kids and shift work ) but I retired early so hopefully this coming year I can come cruise and hang out some.
                  Perry
                  Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                  If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by dana5 View Post
                    Miss you guys - Merry Christmas Brother & Sister !
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

I just signed up for my first Power Tour. Are there any routes I can take from venue to venue that aren't major interstates? I would like to see that part of the country at a slower pace.

Comment

I'm Also going to be a First Timer for the Whole Tour. I believe there is a main Non Interstate route. And you are free to travel any route you wish.
                        I'm packing my "Gazetteer's" for each state,
                        (I have these for my Job & my Off Roading adventures)
                        plus my GPS unit. For any route changes, i.e..Road Closures, Construction, a Breakdown and need to "Make Time"...etc Click image for larger version

Name:	1583769325009163712726.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	791.6 KB
ID:	1264530

Comment

OH, WELCOME !!!
                          Don't let anyone Scrare You......
                          Most have had All There Shots, and are Poddy Trained.....
                          And Go Irish.....
                          Shipping Up To Boston
                          Dropkick Murphy's
                          Last edited by Captain; March 9, 2020, 09:49 AM. Reason: Corrrected song title

Comment

Most of the route is typically on cool backroads through small towns.
                            Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by Bean Town View Post
                              I just signed up for my first Power Tour. Are there any routes I can take from venue to venue that aren't major interstates? I would like to see that part of the country at a slower pace.
                              Welcome to the boards. Like others have said, the route usually avoids interstates if at all possible. Going through all the little towns is the best part of PT. Just make sure your car can handle sitting and idling. A lot of those small towns cause big traffic jams.
                              I R Bob
                              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Working...
                              X