No announcement yet.

CANCELLED - 2020 HRPT Veteran's Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't want to step on anyone's toes or out step my place . So. Take this for what it is worth. If the virus is still an issue at time of power tour and tour is still happening . You could instead of a car show, have a parade of the cars pass by the vets home/care entrance. This allow them to still get to see the cars but at a safe distance. I don't know if you should maybe when you talk or email them , put this option out there as an other option in case the virus issue is still and issue at that time. Just thinking out loud . I'll go back to my corner now .
    Last edited by Eric; March 25, 2020, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Good suggestion, we have done that before. Not because of illness, but because many vets at the facility could not get out of their residences for various reasons.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

LIKE Said, I have the Diseases Bad ..!
        I Also have collected tractors....
        We have a Annual Old Tractor Ride with a tour thru the Local Senior Facilities.....
        Most are confined to wheel chairs,
        ​​​​​​​But the.Smiles are ENDLESS as they their family members, their stories... of Way Back When !!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
          I don't want to step on anyone's toes or out step my place . So. Take this for what it is worth. If the virus is still an issue at time of power tour and tour is still happening . You could instead of a car show, have a parade of the cars pass by the vets home/care entrance. This allow them to still get to see the cars but at a safe distance. I don't know if you should maybe when you talk or email them , put this option out there as an other option in case the virus issue is still and issue at that time. Just thinking out loud . I'll go back to my corner now .
          I'm sure we could do something like that. I have a feeling if this is still going on anytime close to PT, it's going to get cancelled.
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Spoke with Tracy last week at the veterans home and this has been cancelled for this year. If we are all ever near them again in the future we can try again. Just to much with the Covid 19 going on right now.
            Donna
            Williamston, MI
            Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Thanks ragtop for staying on top of this.

Comment

disappointing
                Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Thanks Donna and Bob.
                  We always enjoy the VA part of Power Tour but totally understand.
                  John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                  Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

Working...
                  X