Indy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indy

I grew up in Washington,Indiana have been close to race track on a few TDY’s. Wonder what are the chances we will get to do a couple laps, it’s huge so many cars could be on track at one time and wouldn’t take long for them to get us thru!

Years ago (not sure when) Coker Tire sponsored free laps for all who signed up.
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Yes, laps again is not out of the question.
      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
        Years ago (not sure when) Coker Tire sponsored free laps for all who signed up.
        I think that was 2011 Phil. Limited tickets that you had to get from the stage. We got a couple of laps in the Malibu that year. Hotter than hell & the folks at the track were not happy that we were there anywhere at all. Much less out on the track. Don from Photo Sports was taking pics until they ran him off. We were lucky enough to be one of the ones that got a picture before they told him that his contract with HRPT didn't matter to them. If I can find the picture I will post it.
        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

I would do laps if they offered it. I’ve been on the track for the museum tour before, but it would be awesome to drive my own car there
          '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
          '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
          79 Trans Am project
          ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Hit the museum it's great.

Nick

Comment

it was 2011 i have a pic of our 04 GTO at the start finish line. we where let on at the exit of 2 and off a the entrance of 1. laps where free at that time. never had a ticket just went and got in line.

Comment

I'm really hoping that, even at a pay for price, they let people do at least one hot lap around the track.
                ​​ The spark of the idea to build the car I'm running in HRPT 2020, was born at the Museum,
                looking at the Marmon Wasp, thinking........
                This Would Be A Cool Retro "Easy to Build" project. (It morphed several times, and was a bigger undertaking than realized!!)
                We still call it the Indy Racer, but it morphed into a Challenge Racer, like of the Great Racer, New York to Paris in 1908.

Comment

seem to recall.....when we were in Indy, the locals were not too hospitable....and the drive around the track was about 15-20 mph.....anyone remember that?

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                    seem to recall.....when we were in Indy, the locals were not too hospitable....and the drive around the track was about 15-20 mph.....anyone remember that?
                    Remember it all too well.... I believe they do that to limit liability.... Got my but chewed for hot laps at Bristol one year at the end of HRPT.... what I did was pretty irresponsible looking back....Yeah, I had it coming....
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

Remember it all too well.... I believe they do that to limit liability.... Got my but chewed for hot laps at Bristol one year at the end of HRPT.... what I did was pretty irresponsible looking back....Yeah, I had it coming....
                      Hahaha..we were at a Good Guys show at Kansas speedway, and I lagged back behind the pack on the second lap, made some room then kicked it. This picture was was taken by the photo vendor in turn two at 85 or so.....came out of the turn and there was nothing but brake lights on the track....thank heavens for 4-wheel discs!

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Same thing I did ib the Bullet...The next morning, Family events caught up to us at breakfast and stated "You were doing XXX miles per hour... don't ever F___in' do it again!"
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Hey S B sounds like ya had fun though, I would have done the same!!!

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                            Same thing I did ib the Bullet...The next morning, Family events caught up to us at breakfast and stated "You were doing XXX miles per hour... don't ever F___in' do it again!"
                            Sometimes it's easier to get forgiveness than permission.
                            ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

dont count on hot laps at indy. be thankful you can drive over the bricks. I never realized this would be on my bucket list till after I did the lap.Yes it was just a lap but everytime I watch something from the brickyard I realize how cool that was and this year when I attend the Indy 500 it will be even cooler. I was one of the lucky few who did hot laps this year at there was no one limiting speed

Comment

Working...
                              X