• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey trucluvr,
    After I help them say WISSconsin correctly,
    I tell them, "Quite Actually, we are called, Cheddar Heads!"

Comment

Nice short trip when it's all over...have fun.
      Long Haul 2012

Comment

Black Vic,
        That's how I felt when I got home from Concours D'Lemons, and sites in Detroit.
        Didn't even unload anything out of the car, opened the shop, got beer,.......
        It was Great to "Decompress"......Knowing that.....
        I Drove a REALLY UNPROVEN VEHICLE 837 miles....And...I Did IT !!

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
          That's how I felt when I got home from Concours D'Lemons, and sites in Detroit.
          Didn't even unload anything out of the car, opened the shop, got beer,.......
          It was Great to "Decompress"......Knowing that.....
          I Drove a REALLY UNPROVEN VEHICLE 837 miles....And...I Did IT !!
          That first beer when you're home from Power Tour definitely tastes better than every other beer! Dad and I enjoyed quite a few before we unloaded the C-10 this year...sat in the driveway and just stared at the truck and thought about where it had taken us. Can already tell you'll fit right in, Captain.
          2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
          1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
          1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
            Hey Redline04,
            Excellent Idea, another Rusty Iron Junkie Friend of mine lives not to far off Hwy 82 & Cty Z.
            Maybe I will snag him and we can meet for Breakfast somewhere. email me [email protected]
            I’ll connect with you here soon. I’m back to working mornings(Dells Elementary school) so b-fast may not work during school days. We’ll figure it out...
            oh, and I expect to be rolling in the Wagon again this year, plenty of space for a few extra cases of Lienies
            '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
            '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
            79 Trans Am project
            ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Red Line,
              Excellent !! on the offer to load up on some Leinies!! Good to have a "Plan B"
              Again, to have 2 other Rusty Iron Junkie Friends and the vehicles with me, but you know how they can Bail on you at the last minute!
              No Worries about Breakfast week days, I'm recently retired, every day is a Sunday.
              weekend are open also. If the snow doesn't get to deep, planning a Parts Safari out south west of the Dell's, we do breakfast, then take off to the Tetanus Jungles in later January

Comment

OK,
                This Displaced Yooper needs input on "What to Bring, and What You DON'T NEED" to load up as a Long Hauler.
                I seen on PJF's post, don't bring a EZ Up, so it's off the list. (Loading up for a Off Roading weekend must be different)
                So you experienced HRPT driver's, what should you load up considering I have limited storage space.

​​​​​

Comment

I bumped a post up for you - PowerTour road trip kit includes

Comment

Man it be cool to do the tour in an open car like that.
                    Does the co-pilot have to pump psi into the fuel tank/system or oil system .
                    Like many older cars of that era did?

Comment

Yes and No.....
                      But you are one of the few that know what the brass pump is for. I have one, had it on for 1 show, took it off, got tired of "What's that for?".
                      I think I will put it back on for HRPT, also just found a "Primer Pump" at Volo Car Museum to put in cockpit.
                      In the original layout plans, was going to put a Castrol Tank behind the fuel tank, but needed the room for Model A tool box and luggage rack.

Comment

Just to complain....
                        Caught a Head Cold last week. I've had better Hang Overs! Really had slowed down progress on the trailer project. (Bend over and your head pounds) It was also a bigger undertaking than planned, as most projects turn into. But I have "SISU" and will Prevail....
                        Had my morning Coffee, "Cast My Ballot", going to "Drug Up", Antihstamines, Amphetamines, and everything else someone left in the medicine cabinet, and try to get the winch plate/spare tire bracket welded in today.

Thanks for listening, even the barn cats are staying away from me......LOL

Comment

I came down with some strange kind of kick-ass cold the weekend before xmas. Ended up in the ER at 1:30 A.M. that Monday morning. It had, according to the doc, given me an ear infection that was so severe that I though that my head was going to explode. They gave me those special type of antibiotics that requires camping outside of the bathroom door & a variety of other meds for a couple of weeks. I lived on Dayquil, Nightquil Severe & Ibuprofen for a couple of weeks after that. Bought so much of it that I am still waiting fo my stock options in it to show up. Now I am going on the sixth or seventh week of it & I am pretty much over it other than not yet getting my complete hearing back in my left ear. The one that had the ear infection. Hope you have a better time of it than I did.
                          ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Oh no! What did you have anyway? Glad to hear it’s finally about over. Take care!
                            Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Never heard a name for it from anyone. Just something that has been going around the area the last couple of months. That has been compounded by the ear infection. But it has really put an explanation point behind something that I have noticed in the last few years; The older that you get, the longer it seems to take to get through things like this.
                              ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Hang in there Mike -
                                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                                X