Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P/T phone list, And cell phone Questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eric View Post
    I read in a thread about a phone list, What is this for?

I will be coming in 2020 , Fingers crossed. But will Be coming from another Country.
    My Cell phone plan will to put it kindly, rape me with roaming fee's.
    So What does one do to get a phone, loaded it with minutes, without signing a contract. ?
    What type hoops will I need to jump through , post 9-11 being not from the USA and looking at getting a non contract type phone?
    As I'll be needing one for the trip, and it'll be much cheaper than using my phone and the roaming cost.
    Just a basic flip type thing, I could use my smart phone on wifi I'm guessing but have to look into if what we have in Brazil works with what you have.
    If the wifi in us won't worky with my phone, Then maybe I'll have to look into a smart phone.

I have yet to ask my carrier how the roaming fee's work, if it is only IF I use the phone for calls or data through the cell phone towers. or if it is charged by everytime the cell phone pings off a tower.

Also what is the wifi used There, So if I need a different card for laptop. I can source one.
    power is 110v in the USA correct?

Thanks.
    A basic no-contract flip phone can be bought for about $20 at Walmart, and another $10-$20 gets you a talk, text and data plan that should last for a week - see example below:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/TracFone-...hone/564300365
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/TracFone-...ll&athena=true

Also, WiFi is universal, and yes 110v for power. Most mobile electronics like phones, laptops and tablets have universal power adapters (100-240v) and just need a plug adapter for the outlets.
    Last edited by Red_Kitty; December 17, 2019, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post

well.....I've said this before.....Alan is the only person I know who passed me twice, on the same stretch of road.....how that happened?.....rexx
      Alan was bending the space/ time boundaries by circumventing the earth at ludicrous speed... he went plaid...
      for those who don’t remember, look up ludicrous speed from
      the Mel Brooks movie Spaceballs
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Sounds a bit like "Mrs Todd's Shortcut" by Steven King.- a woman finding shorter and shorter routes driving between two towns.

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
          I first met Alan as he and Boob passed me (and about 10 others) at a definable high speed rate somewhere in Iowa in 2008 I think.
          I first met Allan in 2008 and recall he was still in the truck that year.

Comment

I've actually got a photo of the front of the wagon, He was getting gas, I think......
            Last edited by oletrux4evr; December 19, 2019, 08:13 PM.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
              I've actually got a photo of the front of the wagon.
              Oh well ... too much time in the parking lots, sucking on mason jars !

Comment

Thanks, everyone.
                I'll get a cheap phone, once I get into the USA. for the tour.
                I'll use my phone for any data/wifi use as the carrier said it be a straight fee for rooming for a month. and using wifi doesn't count. but the roaming phone part is mighty large fee.

Comment

Working...
                X