Building a new HRPT Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a new HRPT Team

​Well, glad it happened now, not a week before!!
    Leslie's family now is having a Crisis!! Her sister's Merry Christmas, is now she is going to Raise her Grandson, Daughter is moving from East Coast to Vegas and more Crap than I want to know!! (Sister lives in Reno)
    So, if Leslie bailed, her son did too.
    So, Capt is Flying Solo Again.

SHIT HAPPENS.......to Good People. Click image for larger version

Name:	1_RzflIogDw7BQOMzOyzgAzQ.jpeg
Views:	188
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	1259063
    Now, I will see if any of my other Rusty Iron Junkie Friends are Krazy enough to go?!!

Sorry to hear about their issues but happy you will forge on!
    Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Sounds like the old "You can pick your friends but not your relatives".
      ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

I’ve run every long haul power tour solo, no co-pilot... I just find a few fellow BS’rs to hang with and follow along. ALWAYS have a fun trip every time! This is a great group ~ More than just friends... one big extended FAMILY

'86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
        '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
        79 Trans Am project
        ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

You'd be surprised at how often that happens .. I went solo my first long haul because my friends all bailed out (last minute), but all the Forum Freaks made me feel right at home and I made many new friends. You'll be fine !

Comment

Monster, Red Line, Malibu,
            Thank You.
            ​​​​1st, Leslie has her Own Rod, and Boyfriend.
            ( I can style Prison Stripes, I don't look Good in Bullet Holes) and lives in Nevada
            2nd Her son and family lives in Kenosha, and has a C10 Rod Truck.
            It was just good for friends to have extra cargo space in 3 vehicles, and visit with Rusty Iron Junkie Friends who I haven't seen in years, on a Great Adventure!
            ​​​​​I should have a jump seat Mechanagician/Navigator by "Race Day"
            (I weeding out the Drunky Friends...LOL).
            I was just Bummed Out, I know Leslie is a "Go To Person", and is trying to help her sister out in a Bad Situation.

Comment

So,
              Building a New Composite crew, with maybe people I haven't met before.....
              Any others running the whole seven days wanting to meet up?.....
              I was planning on leaving central Wisconsin Early Saturday via I-39 to I-80 and at Ottawa, Illinois head east and miss all but the very bottom of Chicago.
              And arriving in Norwalk late afternoon.
              For me by Google maps, it 560 miles.

Comment

We will be leaving from Mankato, MN and staying in Rockford, IL. Friday. We will leave from Rockford with some other folks and head to Norwalk Saturday morning meeting a car from Green Bay along the way.
                Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

MoparJim,
                  Excellent, we can zero in on timing later.
                  As others may like to join up, or in route.
                  Security in numbers.
                  Or as a Group, Breakdown's go....
                  One guy is getting dirty, and 4 others shouting out Random Ideas and one chuckle head on what you did wrong or didn't do right......LOL
                  Thank You.

(I have experienced some great things, in some great moments, in some exotic places........
                  Feeling sad that I was the only one there at that moment in time to witness it....)
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

A good thing,
                    In asking for NEW Long Haulers, finding more Rusty Iron Junkies to join our Welcoming Committee at the Finish in Madison, Wisconsin.

Comment

Working...
                    X