Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NIce!
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Looks like someone photo shopped the matching 7 out from the canopy in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
        Looks like someone photo shopped the matching 7 out from the canopy in the background.
        or 2 cars showed up with same number. That comes up as a RCR car. Not sure what Number they used early on in busch races

Comment

Greetings Power Tour gang. I know we are all on hold still but I thought I would do a big update!

I was pretty bummed about the cancellation of the Power Tour and so I stopped doing my prep work.

I did however get interested in the car again and started doing work so I could at least cruise locally in the old girl. So I started buying more parts, who doesn't love seeing the truck show up with new car parts?!?!?!

The carpet that I had put in back in 2015 was a total POS and I had done a very less than stellar job installing it. So I bought a REALLY nice replacement in the correct maroon shade. It is insanely heavy and much better built than the bargain bin one that I had in the car.

I also bought this killer B&M Stealth Magnum Pro shifter. I really wasn't a fan of the one I had originally installed in the car and I loved the look of these.

I knew there was rust in the floor so I began pulling the interior. This is the horrible black carpet I put in a few years ago. You can see why I wanted to change it!

It was worse than I expected.

The worst of it was in the passenger floorboard and required a sizeabe chunk to be cut out.

Some patching and a new passenger floorboard is done here. But lots of wire brushing to go! Of interest in this pic are the four studs welded to the trans tunnel just behind the gauges under the stereo. I welded those studs to the tunnel to mount the new shifter. When I did that the passenger floor was still cut out. Somehow a spark bounced through the hole in the floor and ignited some newspapers that were sitting nearby. The scary part was it took ten minutes for them to ignite. I was about to go in the house and get a beer when I looked back at the car and saw flames. Talk about shitting your pants. I got it put out with no harm done but it was frightening.

And finally all cleaned up and coated with silver POR-15. I think it came out pretty good for being done in a home garage.

The almost finished interior! I think the carpet, shifter, and steering wheel make it look awesome.

Click image for larger version

Name:	jfW6q8L.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	441.5 KB
ID:	1279167

I have finally been driving the car around and really enjoying it. It would have been so awesome on the Power Tour.

My wife caught this snap the other day and I really think it sits nicely.

And since people enjoy vids here is a short driveway movie.

I decided I didn't like the Goodyear tire stencils so I removed them. I snapped this pic when I came out of the auto parts store the other day. She looked low and mean to me! It gets TONS of attention everywhere I go, it is really cool to be honest.

Click image for larger version

Name:	OIZs2PM.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	363.3 KB
ID:	1279168

And finally a short vid my wife shot. This car is definitely pretty speedy as it sits, lots of fun!!!!

So more to come hopefully. The plan is to make the 2021 Hot Rod Power Tour. I hope it finally happens! I keep trying and things keep stopping me from doing it. With any luck I will meet some of you out there next year.

Comment

My Caprice was like that between the front and back seats on one side.

Comment

Very nice, you’ll be ready!
              Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
                Very nice, you’ll be ready!
                Yup.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Both hood hinges for $70 on OPGI. But $22 for shipping. No springs.

Comment

Working...
                  X