We lost another great one! BigBuds1 is racing in heaven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Thank you Donna for making the arrangements for Bangshift donations.
    Yes, thank you.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop View Post
      Some of us going to the memorial service are staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Lynchburg, VA on Saturday night, I am going to call about flowers tomorrow and will post here for anyone that would like to contribute.
      We will see you there Donna. Bernie, Bill, My wife and I are riding down mid day I guess

Comment

Wow, this was very shocking news. Others have already said this but Buddy was such a great guy, always smiling and I think many of us sought him out at events to catch up with him. RIP Buddy!
        Dannie
        2010 Camaro SS
        Long Haul 2010/2011
        Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

Comment

We were thinking of wearing Power Tour shirts on Saturday night for Buddy's memorial. This is how most of us met him and think it would be fitting. I don't see Buddy as a suit and tie kinda guy.
          Donna
          Williamston, MI
          Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

He Is Not DeadI cannot say, and I will not sayThat he is dead. He is just away.With a cheery smile, and a wave of the hand,He has wandered into an u...

Comment

Looking back over the past ten years, I believe I've met more good people and been exposed to more culture than anytime in my life.
              This is mostly because of people from this forum board. The bangshift forum freaks is filled with diversity, some folks and groups have their differences.
              I myself have learned a better meaning of friend. Not the close childhood type of loving another like brothers, but friends that share common interests, in this case the car hobby.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1578055667392.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	285.3 KB
ID:	1260834 Buddy showed what it means to have friends that are unconditional, not disparaging, helpful, and shared his adventurous life with everyone around him.
              He participated in life, in a lot of ways most of us wish we could or would.
              He raced in many forms, participated in many events, then changed careers to be a part of these events. God Speed Buddy Buchanan, and thank you for enriching my life through your friendship and adventures.....
              200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
              Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

George, You said that soooooo well!

Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Yep.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

George, You said that soooooo well!
                    Most definitely.
                    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Glad to see everyone on Saturday. I'm sure Buddy was smiling down on us!

Click image for larger version

Name:	shakers.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	821.6 KB
ID:	1260995
                      I R Bob
                      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

So, it's been a year. I still miss my friend from Power Tour. Buddy was my first friend that I made on this great big crazy adventure that we all love. Somehow he figured out that i was from the same area that he had lived in and called me before the tour. I miss him every time I work on one of the cars but I know we'll meet again. See you Buddy.
                        I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                          So, it's been a year. I still miss my friend from Power Tour. Buddy was my first friend that I made on this great big crazy adventure that we all love. Somehow he figured out that i was from the same area that he had lived in and called me before the tour. I miss him every time I work on one of the cars but I know we'll meet again. See you Buddy.
                          WoW - with the all the crazy recently, I hadn't thought of Buddy leaving us a year ago. Buddy was indeed the real deal and I miss him too.
                          nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

He was a good friend and I miss that "shit eat'n smile" !
                            Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                            The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Working...
                            X